Cracked Frame on CZ-52

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 10MikeyMike, Sep 2, 2002.

1. 10MikeyMike

10MikeyMike Guest

Has anyone else noticed a crack in the frame of the their CZ-52's? In the past month, I've replaced the frame on mine and it cracked again. Both times, it's happened in the thin section on metal on the top left side of the frame just behind the feed ramp. This is directly opposite the gap on the right side where the side plate stops behind the feed ramp. It's above the hole where the slide stop tab rides on the magazine follower. All I shoot is current production S&B. Since noticing the crack, I've put about 200 rounds through the gun and it hasn't gotten any worse. Is this a characteristic fatigue crack? I don't think this is a stressed area. Can I continue to use it without fear a bigger problems?

2. Contact CZ-USA. Their web address used to be www.cz-usa.com but when I tried it on 9/2/02 I got an error, so you may have to search for a link.

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

Just looked at mine and it has a crack in the same place. Now I'm really intrigued......

4. 10MikeyMike

10MikeyMike Guest

Calvin,

Just read your message regarding your findings. I'm curious how many other CZ-52 owners have the same problem and don't know it. If this is something that's characteristic of these guns, I can live with it. However, until I hear from someone who's known of this for a long time and hasn't experienced further problems, I'm hesitant to shoot it too much. Let's see what other responses I get to the original message

5. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

I'm emailing CZ USA right now. Will post the response, Mike. Thanks for the heads up!!!

6. 10MikeyMike

10MikeyMike Guest

Calvin,

I wish you luck with CZ-USA. I already think pretty highly of them but, I'll really be impressed if they can provide you with information on a gun that's been out of production for 50 years.

Maybe we should take a straw poll to see how many other CZ-52 owners have cracks in their guns. Maybe if closer isnspection of a bunch of guns reveals this is a common problem, then perhaps it's no big deal.

7. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

I'm gonna see what they know. Even though it's 50 years old, they have records back to the beginning. If it's a serious problem, I want to know what they say to do about it.........

8. 10MikeyMike

10MikeyMike Guest

Agreed. In the meanwhile, I'll put another post out asking other owners to ispect their CZ-52's and report their findings.

9. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

Appreciate it, Mike. Thanks, buddy. If something big happens, email me, okay?