Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
Just my opinion, but that move sounds like a leap out of the frying pan into the fire. Are you not aware of the Hurricane Season the Gulf Coast is STILL in? The weather patterns have changed for the worse in the Mid South, and moving from one part of it to another part of it sounds like an exercise in futility, and a useless expenditure of time and money. 2 cents (adjusted for inflation)
There is a Tropical storm there now. Heading our way. I will get it here Thursday and Friday. High winds and downpours. Seems a normal cycle anymore

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
35,659 Posts
Sad about that nice tree.
I can commiserate. Had a huge tree just outside the front corner of my property blown down during 2018's Hurricane Michael. Smashed my front chainlink fence. But at least it missed the house!

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
Sorry for the loss. Looks like that is one that would be hard to lose!

Over the years, I've lost 10 trees, either from storms, disease or drought. Nine were pines & other than the cost of removal & loss of shade, didn't bother me that much. The one I really hated to lose was a huge hickory nut tree, I'd guess about the size of your elm. No telling how old it was. The trunk was about 3' in diameter!

·
Registered
24,828 Posts
There is a Tropical storm there now. Heading our way. I will get it here Thursday and Friday. High winds and downpours. Seems a normal cycle anymore
It's sunny and 75F, here, today. The tropical storm is supposed to hit us tomorrow, with over an inch of rain, then another inch Thursday, and tapering off to a quarter inch Friday. The wind is already picking up this afternoon. This year has been bad for all these "hurricane backwash" storms sweeping up along the Appalachian Mountain range. Better than hurricanes, though!

I need to get out an mow the lawn before the deluge comes!:eek:

Reactions: rando
21 - 24 of 24 Posts