close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crossman Rm 577 .177 Air Rifle

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by NRAJOE, May 9, 2002.

1. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

ANYONE OUT THERE GOT ONE OF THESE? I BOUGHT ONE YESTERDAY FOR $159.00 ON SALE. IT SEEMS VERY HIGH QUALITY FOR A CROSSMAN. STEEL HOODED FRONT SIGHT, NICE BLUED RIFLED STEEL BAFFEL, BREAK ACTION COCKING VERY NICE QUALITY 4X32 SCOPE, POLISHED HARDWOOD MONTE CARLO STOCK,DELUXE TRIM RECOIL PAD. 1000 FPS ON ONE COCK IT ALSO COMES WITH A VERY NICE PEEPSIGHT IF YOU DON'T WANT THE SCOPE ON IT. I'VE OWNED AIR RIFLES BEFORE BUT NOTHING OVER $50.00 BUCKS . I HAVEN'T SHOT IT YET AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY ELSE HAD ONE AND HOW ACCURATE? SEEMS IF YOU TAKE YOUR TIME IT COULD BE VERY ACCURATE. LETS GET SOME DISCUSSIONS GOING ON AIR GUNS. THEY DON'T SEEM TO GET THE RECOGNITION THEY DESERVE . :mad:

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I've got the lesser Crossman barrel-cocking air rifle (model number escapes me) that is rated about 650FPS, and cost me about $90. It's very accurate at 25 yards, but has a very heavy trigger pull. It seems to prefer the better quality pellets. I like the target style stock.

3. NRAJOE

THATS THE FIRST THING I DID WAS BUY MATCH PELLETS. ANYTHING SMALL CALIBER I GO FOR MATCH AMMO,DOESN'T COST THAT MUCH SO WHY NOT?

4. NRAJOE
    I was also wondering if how this CrossmanRM 577 shoot. I been using my (cheap Daisy) airgun to protect my blue birds from many intruders namely, house wrens, sparrows and starlings. I was amazed shooting this Daisy for 5-yrs, I dropped lots of house wrens and sparrows from 40 - 50 yds away. My blue bird kept coming back and continue having some babies. But recently, I noticed that the power of my airgun was reduced. Before it took just two pumps, but nowaday it required at least five pumps to reach 40-50 yds target. So I'm interesting to purchase a new one. The price of this Crossman here in my neighborhood was $165.00, yours seems to be lesser. I'll be gladly to hear about your shooting experience with this RM577 airgun. Please keep me posted.

Thanks and good luck!!

Superbee

5. NRAJOE

Superbee, this is an awsome air gun for the price. Its very nicely made with a quality stock and scope. With just one cock of the barrel it shoots a .177 pellet 1,000 fps. It will actually go 1,200 fps supposedly for the first 150 shots or so,then it will drop to the 1,000 mark and stay there with proper maintainance. You won't be disappointed . :right:

6. Thanks NRAJOE. You convinced me in getting this airgun. I'll visit the nearest gunstore and in my area. My bluebirds had five more babies and I am determined to help them. Last year I did the same by helping my blue birds, but the intruders win and they killed the 4 yound blue birds. But not this year.
    Hear from you soon. Thanks again for the info.

7. NRAJOE

Get a bunch of those sparrows for me, I hate 'em! Always dive bombing me around my house. Maybe I'll start zapping them too. I notice a Bluebird around my house once in awhile, I didn't know those other birds would kill the Bluebirds young!:mad: