close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Curly Maple grip's {pictures}

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I made a set of grips from Curly Maple since it is a hard wood and has nice grain. I have a set being checkered to see how they look and will post a photo of them when they are done. Rick B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Doc, if you ever decide to start selling those as a sideline,pm me and give some prices. Awesome work you do!

3. nonskeder

nonskeder G&G Newbie

Rick: So when can WE buy some?

4. A true talent makes me envious. The grips look sharp Doc.

5. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

The Curly Maple are nice looking aren't they. I can make the smooth ones but the problem comes into play with my guy who checker's I'm not sure what he wants to checker them yet. I was thinking that around $35.00 shipped for these smooth ones would be appropriate for the time and cost of wood? Any thoughts? I may ask less for Walnut but again checkering if wanted would be more.
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Rick

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Doc, I have a Ballester molina with really crappy grips. Do you think you could make some good ones for that? $35 seems very fair for the maple and I like them smooth. I would also like the 1911 grips. Will p.m. you later...thanks!

7. gun freak

gun freak G&G Newbie

I'll take some for a compact 1911, $35 is great for me around here grips that look like that are like $60 or 70!

8. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Are the compact ones the same size? If not I would need a set to copy. Let me know and email me if you want me to work on a set for you. Rick B

Last edited: Jul 26, 2002
  9. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    nice grips! but I must admit to lopping a bit of drool on the key board for the Remington Rand!

10. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

That is a early Rem-Rand slide with large stamp. The botom is a 1918 Colt in the 480,000 range. I'm up for a swap for the correct slide if anyone has one and a deal? Thanks,,Rick B