close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Custom kydex holsters

Discussion in 'Holsters/Slings' started by longshooter234, Mar 23, 2017.

1. longshooter234

longshooter234 G&G Evangelist

Alabama
    Gonna have a g19 this week for a local holster build, if anyone is in the market let me know

2. CopperniX

CopperniX Forum Fanatic Staff Member

You have some good looking work but I do have a question. Could you do an AR-15 mag holder? Something like this but in black?
    [​IMG]

longshooter234 likes this.
  3. longshooter234

Alabama
    Yeah i think i could do somethin like that. May be a dumb question, but are all ar mags pretty universal? Like can i use any local ar mag i can get ahold of and it still fit the same? (not an ar guy haha)

4. CopperniX

For the most part they are you don't have to jump right to it but I use steel mags and they can be had for like 8 bucks.

5. longshooter234

Alabama
    Let me finish up these g19 holsters and ill hollar back u. U want this iwb right? haha

6. CopperniX

Actually it would be outside the waistband for faster reloads but you have time it will be a project in the near future.

7. longshooter234

Alabama
    Yeah i was being funny, that would take up a lot of real estate iwb. How is that carried, on the hip or on the back or somewhere in between?

8. CopperniX

[​IMG]
    Basically wherever it fits its one of those things where if it is slightly flexible so it can fit where it works best for the shooter.

9. longshooter234

Alabama
    I may have a desert eagle (not yet sure on caliber or if that even matters for a holster) but a guy reached out for me to build one and seemed pretty interested, so if anyone else has one and needs a holster let me know

10. longshooter234

Alabama
    Hey so i was thinkin about making 2 separate holsters that could be done each solo or combine for a double (using the inside screw holes that would be the individual belt loops to connect the 2 together) and it would wind up being like the t-rex sidecar but on are larger scale

11. longshooter234

Alabama
    Its not the sidecar because that isnt detachable, there is another guy/company that makes holster that look like the side car but the mag part can be taken off ill see I'd i can find it

Jaison likes this.
  12. longshooter234

Alabama
    Upcoming builds in the next month or so look like the desert eagle, a taurus slim 709, a springfield xds, and hopefully a springfield xd

13. longshooter234

Alabama
    Hey so it took some digging but i was thinking of "last line of defense holsters"
    1d1951442e681674f6964c79821a519f.jpg not sure how well u can tell in this pic, but its designed to have a removable mag holster. I thought maybe having a "double holster" that could convert into a single might be handy if you couldnt get a double to fit just right on a specific part of pants, u could always split em up and run two singles. It would just open up a few options (also 2 smaller holsters would fit in a smaller box than one big holster for shipping). Also next week im ordering some more kydex and building a holster so i might could start on this for you in 2 weeks or so

Jaison likes this.
  14. longshooter234

Alabama
  15. longshooter234

Alabama
    Took a stab at making a "claw" with some scrap i had layin around. It rode pretty good today. Anyone see any problems with this design?
    20170814_195336.jpg 20170814_195346.jpg