Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I think it's a dearn good looking rifle and matter of fact I was planning on putting that stock on one that I might buy until I found another one...
Looks real good !

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
A few problems with it . . .

1) Very front heavy with that cumbersome GL attached.

2) A 'custom' rifle would be expected to have had the barrel refinished, not showing the scrapes where the front sight was removed.

3) Does it have the new US-made parts count to offset the detachable magazine to placate the Feds?

4) No shell deflector - that new scope will get heavily dinged when this rig is shot - ask me how I know . . .

5) One never gets his full investment back on a 'custom' gun. The bidders don't espect to be paying full price for all the goodies.

What I see is an over-weight, imbalanced "Tac-ti-cool" rig put together by Bubba in his garage. And he's proud of it. :09:
Just my personal opinion - YMMV!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
:buttkick: to the guy that OVER tacticooled that sks. An M-203 GL??? :hitwithrock:

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
way to much money for that thing. he could have cleaned it up a bit.and if he was trying to advertise the company i would have put a better looking gun.the m203 don't look good on that sks.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I don't think even all the accessories cost that much put together, unless he's drastically exaggerating the value of the machining time for the launcher attachment.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I agree I think that the whole thing is junk. The rifle is not in that good of condition and the launcher is just a waste of time. I would like to meet the sucker who buys that one and sell him a really nice piece of property I own. LOL.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Not for me. The finish looks poor and the 203 might as well have been held on ba clothes pins.
Heres the way I see it.

Rifle:$200
GL: $140
Scope+mount:$60
Stock:$40
Hand gaurd:$15
Added = $455

So...$444 for labor of construction

That's a big 10-4 on the rip-off.:hitwithrock:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only thing I can say I do like is the stock I'd like to have one of those. But the rest of the stuff, I just don't know.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I'll stick with my regular Yugo SKS.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
That thing is about a joke! Looks tacky. ( Just my opinion though. Someone else here may love it. And thats ok. I just dont like it. )

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
The Monte Carlo stock isn't that tactical looking....it needs a tapco or a folding. Also, that scope mount is about the junkiest one out there. In addition, it has no shell deflector, so the scope wold get the crap banged out of it. As previously stated, the condition doesn't look great. Plus, everything has been removed from the muzzle. It just doesn't look right without it. If none of that is enough, that think would be friggin front heavy. I mean, and SKS with a 30 rd and nothing else is heavy enough. Add the launcher and you have several extra pounds on the end...I'll just stop now though...lol got carried away.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Almost three months and its still there?:bigeyes: At that price, I'm not really surprised. I still like the stock, but if I had that kind of money to spend on a rifle I'd start looking for a good used M1A.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts