Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever had their slide polished. I was thinking about doing it but did not want to ruin my favorite gun just to improve its look. any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Your guess is as good as mine as to how it would turn out. Perhaps try the technique on a scrap piece of metal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do gun refinishing, one of the finishes I do is the silver slide. As a matter of fact, I just did a Glock 27 tonight. The tennifer is embedded fairly deep in the metal, so when you strip the finish, you still have a rust proof gun. Most of my customers are law enforcement.

The process is to completely degrease. Remove all parts, including the plastic piece that is inside the firing pin channel. Sandblast the gun with 120 grit aluminum oxide. Bead blast the slide with glass beads. I usually then impregnate the slide with silicon.

The finish I do is professional, first rate. If you want to see pics, email me at [email protected].

dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can see the pics here: http://www.pbase.com/rottweiler/gunfinishes

Click on any picture to enlarge. I converted the images to a smaller resolution since I'm running out of space on my pbase account...need to clean up...

I took the pics inside with a flash, so some shadowing, but not bad, need to snap them outside so you can better see what they look like....

I also do custom trigger jobs on Glocks. For competition only. My Glock 35 has a 2 pound trigger with slight take-up, no overtravel. All safeties intact.

dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts