close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cz 52 7.62 Tokarev Any Good?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by NRAJOE, May 13, 2002.

1. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

WHO HAS ONE AND ARE THEY DECENT PISTOLS? WITH MY C&R LICENSE, I CAN GET ONE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION FOR $115.00. THEY LOOK HEAVY AND WELL MADE, HOW DO THEY SHOOT? :confused:

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

i GOT MINE ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND LOVE IT. They put out a realy nice fireball with check ammo and are very accurate and mine shoots point of aim at 25 yards...Ive seen post saying point of aim at 100 yards. The bullet travels around 1500 fps and some people compare the preformance to a 357mag. For me the bullett is a little light for self defense...especialy since ball ammo is all that is out there witht he exception of Mag Safe. I have had no feeding or other such problems that I can say are gun related. I did get 1 box of ammo that had a lot of duds in it. I got diffrent ammo and was good to go. These are great guns well made and solid. I had one indoor range that made me shoot it on the magnum lanes..on some days with 1 worker and regular lanes with other workers. Indoor ranges are great because the fireball shows up better than in bright sunlight.

3. NRAJOE

COOL BEANS , YOU HAD ME AT NICE FIREBALL! GUESS I'LL GET ONE. AT THAT PRICE IT SEEMS I CAN'T GO WRONG,THANKS DOGLIPS!!!

4. BSchroeder

BSchroeder G&G Newbie

I bought one for +/- $115 last summer. I forget where I got it, but it was almost new.

I love the 7.62 Tokarev round. They say it is one of the few factory rounds that can defeat body armor. My only complaint is the comfort of the grip. The top near the trigger gets in the way of the web of my hand. Feels like it needs to have some metal ground out of it.

5. Hans R Colt

Hans R Colt G&G Newbie

It's the only pistol I've seen that will fling an ejected case to your right at about the 4 o'clock position for about 15 feet! I've scared more than a few onlookers that way, except for the occasional baseball catcher!

I had to put some Hogue slip-on grips for a better fit, and got a stronger recoil spring from Brownell's for faster cycling. It's a very impressive weapon and caliber...shoots pretty flat at 100 yards.

6. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

there's a good article in the current treasury edition of shotgun news on these guns,been thinking of getting one myself.

7. jarcp

jarcp G&G Newbie

I've been very impressed by the accuracy and power of mine. Loaded with 86g soft points, expansion is great and it makes for a good hunting or self defense load. There are also some HP rounds available for it, so doglips was a little mistaken. Point of aim on mine seems to be about 50 yds.

8. Armorer

Armorer Guest

A very good vest puncher. Body Armor doen't like this round!

9. Definitely worth getting at $115! I bought two of them in 96 and thought the supply of these would dry up quickly but they still show up on the surplus market like there's an endless supply.
    If I could find one with a 1952 date I'd have to get it. Those are rare and all the ones I've seen are 1953-54.
    Be careful of eastern European surplus ammo. A lot of it's corrosive. Also don't dry fire it. The firing pins are notorious for breaking if they're dry fired. It'll be fine if you don't.
    JS

10. Mico

Mico G&G Newbie

Been beat to the punch, everyone before me said it already.

These guns ROCK. Buy one! I had a bud and his wife over on Saturday, they shot mine out back, and 20 minutes and 75 rounds later we were online buying a his and hers. They're that much fun, and very well made.

BTW can't find a comment in this thread I disagree with.

11. Definately worth the small investment. It's a blast (pun intended) to shoot.

It's fairly simple to break down and clean although, it takes some fiddling with to figure out how to take the barrel out (since it has roller bearings) but any of us can help you with that.

And, mine ejects the casing about 25 feet back. I remember trying to find the first handful of cases and I was looking where I would normally look for my 9MM or.40.

For fixed sights mine is surprisingly accurate.

12. NRAJOE

I'm real close to ordering one,i've heard nothing but good things about them and you can't beat the price!

13. yodar

yodar G&G Newbie

These are now becoming reloadable...Sellier & Bellot (czechosloakia) and W/W offer Boxer primed ammo for about $16.00/C. Centerfire systems had case lot deals on it. W/W brand is of S & B manufacture.

Do contact Wolff Springs to get stronger recoil spring. This gun slings brass into orbit and at $0.13 a case from Starline, and 8 minutes per case fabricatioin time from 223 brass, you dont want to lose this precious stuff.

I use cast bullets 90-110 gr from Lee and Lyman moulds and have settled on Alliant Power Pistol as the best approximation of the surplus ammos's loudenboomer mit spitzensparken effects.

14. NRAJOE

Cool yodar,thanks!

15. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Joe, I have had a Norinco Tokarev for about 15 years in the same caliber. It has been an Exellent carterige for light hunting and plinking.
    It is especially well suited for shooting running small animals since the bullet is so fast you dont have to lead as much.
    The grip angle is a little hard to get used to. with practice you will amaze your self. I know I Do all the time.
    I have won pistol shooting contests with my tok
    several times.

16. NRAJOE

Was looking at them as you wrote this, gonna break down and get one!

17. I got one of these pistols for my brother and it shoots great. We tried it out at the local indoor, I shot it at ten feet as fast as I could recover. All shots in the center ring on a silhouette. Yes I agree with point shooting at close range.

18. mandelbrot

mandelbrot G&G Newbie

I have a cz 52 and I luv it. I have put over 200 rounds through it. I have had one failure to fire. I think the safety stopped the firing pin because it did not hit the primer. And the slide stop or hold open failed once as well. I expected more problems from a gun this cheap. I use S&B ammo. I do not reload. It used to shoot way to the left, till I moved the sight. Did that with visegrips, a hammer, and some wd40. Now I can get a 4in group of 7, at about 20 feet. Not the accuracy I have read about, but good enough for me. Again, I luv it. Look it up if you havent because you might like it too.

19. carbineken

carbineken G&G Newbie

I only fired 24 rounds through my 52 when the extractor came off, but I really liked the way it felt and shot. Later inspection of the extractor revealed that the pin had not been staked properly. I only paid $160 for the pistol, holster, 2 mags, cleaning rod, lanyard and 200 rounds of ammo. Can't make any complaints for that price. My experience just goes to show ya always inspect a new firearm carefully before firing the first time.

20. odf 1bn

odf 1bn G&G Newbie

does anyone know why i could see a picture of one of these