close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cz 52

Discussion in 'CZ' started by Piper17, Apr 25, 2011.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Kommie Kalifornia, huh?

2. GoodNeighborSam

GoodNeighborSam G&G Evangelist

Good to know that there's a source for them. They seem pretty large, anyone think their stock could last a few more years???? 21 here I come!!!

3. Lightweight

Lightweight G&G Enthusiast

Yep, all handguns must be transferred through a FFL01, which means a transfer fee, DROS fee, 10 day wait, and one handgun per 30 days... otherwise I would have a crate oz CZ surplus in my closet by now :)

4. PushPuller

PushPuller G&G Newbie

I have always wamted one of these guys! I personally love the way they look and they have that all metal frame which i like too! i like some weight on a handgun!

5. gandog56

And to think, I moved from Illinois just because they are now the only state that has no kind of carry law. Except many laws against carrying. Heck, you needed a state firearms owner ID just to even TOUCH a gun in a gun shop or gunshow. Same with ammo, primers, powder, etc.

6. Merle

Merle G&G Addict

I always warn the folks in the next lane - no reason to cause a heart attack!

7. gandog56

The cheapest pistol I ever bought was an M1895 Nagant for $59.95.

8. If you really want the CZ52 to come alive, try 90 gn. Hornady XTP bullets over heavy loads of H-110. We're talking 1700 FPS MV. My gun has the heaviest recoil spring I could find along with a hardened firing pin. Recoil is snappy to say the least with sound to match. It actually stuck the ejected case into the stucco wall next to my shooting position.
    Took the 52 to a bowling pin match. We were having a discussion as to high velocity small bullets VS low velocity heavy bullets. Using S&B FMJ ammo, the bullet went clean through the pin without knocking it over. In another trial, it went through a folded over (2 thicknesses) Level 2 vest and the barrel it was tied to and continued down range to the 50 yd berm.

Just a really fun gun!

blaster likes this.
  9. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Another interesting load for t he 7.62x25 is a .22 caliber discarding Sabot round.
    The old accellerator
    A .556 caliber projectile leaving a pistol barrell at 2150+fps the plastic (shoe) comes off and the bullet travels to its target....haveing never touched the barrel of the gun....
    Pretty cool huh?
    Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

10. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

My 52 was my first gun purchase. I got an unissued one, two mags, the holster, and four boxes of ammo for $100 plus tax back in the distant year of 2002. I've run many hundreds of rounds through it since with no issues whatsoever.
    It is accurate too. I got my first coyote at a run with it at more than 100 yards in a single shot, from the back of a moving tractor. I'm sure some luck was involved ;)

11. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

thats my favorite load! another good one is the 85 gr JHP and a full charge of H-110. mine chrono at 1900 fps. I love the 7.62x25 cartridge. I wish more guns were chambered for it.