Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about Cz52? Would you consider 7.62.25 more powerful than 9mm? I have shot my brother in law's and it has a stouter recoil than a 9luger so, do you think it would be ok for plinking and home defence?

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
gunney theres several members here that own them and there outstanding pistols.
And if I read correctly there very much more potent than a 9mm.
I might be wrong about the cartridge it shoots but I do know the ones that own them love them,,,A,H

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Great, have they ever jammed, I found one on J&G for $129, I was also watching people fire them on youtube and seen a few jam?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ofFOJc531U]YouTube - Shooting the CZ 52[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgtqqvVu2ck]YouTube - CZ-52[/ame] these are just a few videos ive seen on CZ 52's and im impressed but semms like some are having feed problems?

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
I once had 7...sold all but one when I got laid off a couple years ago.

Looked for another at the gunshow today but none were around....damn fine pistol for the money!

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I think you will really like the pistol. I had 2 and my father has one. One of the three did occasionally jam - nothing really bad. I sold it. The other two are 100% reliable. A couple things to watch for: do not dry fire it, and check to make sure the decoker does not hit the firing pin. A weak firing pin and occasional decoker problem are the only drawbacks of this pistol.
BTW, it is a lot faster than a 9 x 19.
Oh yea - don't forget the ear plugs!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have 2. I love them both. Milsurp ammo is cheap (avoid the bulgarian), LOTS of penetration. The actual stopping power is debatable because it is a small diameter bullet at high velocities (~1500fps). It's great taking it to the range too, unless someone is shooting magnums it's prolly gonna have the loudest bang and the most fire :) Have fun with your new czech-o-matic

·
Registered
424 Posts
I love mine. The only thing I disliked was the way it zings the brass away like all CZs. I finally bought a "Catch-It" brass catcher that you wear on your hand and it picks off every piece of brass.

The gun is heavy and really accurate. I haven't had many fireballs out of it like the videos. The clip is not fast to get out either for reloading. Great gun for the money!

Dave :stupid:

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the information, has either one of yours jammed, where did you get it, what condition is it in?

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,511 Posts
I'm into my second 800-round Spam can of Bulgarian ammo from Sportsman's Guide, and have NEVER had a jam or hiccup of any kind. It is corrosive, so requires cleaning after shooting, as with most any milsurp ammo.
Best 'bang for the buck' in pistols! :)

One tip - there are two leather holsters available for the CZ52 - one is a dark soft leather, prone to developing a white fungus growth. The better one is a stiffer tan leather, very heavy duty! I like it, and use it for range carry.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Great, have they ever jammed, I found one on J&G for $129, I was also watching people fire them on youtube and seen a few jam?
YouTube - Shooting the CZ 52
YouTube - CZ-52 these are just a few videos ive seen on CZ 52's and im impressed but semms like some are having feed problems?
That may be the CZ52 but the shooters may be using 9mm barrel conversions. That jams because the 7.62 x 25 is much longer than the 9 x 19 and doesnt fit properly in the magThe Box O' Truth #29 - The Helmets O' Truth - Page 1. I have the CZ and it is much much more powerful than 9mm. 1500fps vs 1100fps. The CZ feeds extremely well. The sights are crummy but representitive of their time..

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
they are fine pistols, I've had several (down to 2 now) never had a jam even with ugly looking surplus ammo. the 7.62x25 is a really high velocity pistol round. although the Russians got on the small caliber body armor defeater band wagon, they seriously considered modifying the 7.62x25 for that role. penetration with ball ammo is amazing. too much for home defense. hollow points are expensive. I just started reloading that cal. for that reason. If you are ordering one from J&G, order their replacement firing pin for about 9 bucks that way when you accidentally dry fire it you wont break the firing pin. enjoy, they are a lot of pistol for the money!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts