close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CZ52 in American Handgunner

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Calvin, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I read with great interest about the customized CZ52 in the Sept/Oct. edition. Looked great with the black Teflon finish, Hogue walnut grips, stippled front and rear straps, Novak sights, an adjustable trigger stop, and a new extended slide release. I think the recoil spring was also changed to a new Wolff spring, too.
    I called the man who did the conversion and asked him how long and how much. The answer was 3 weeks and $875 for the work involved!! With shipping, it's an even $900!!
    Now, why would anyone put that much money into a $125 handgun? I don't understand the logic. If it was gonna bring that much when it came to resale, it would be okay. However, I doubt that the pistol would ever bring half that much.

2. jarcp

jarcp G&G Newbie

Sounds like that guy is more than double what you could have you local smitty do it for. Lets see about 120.00 for the Novak's, 40ish for the grips, 80.00 for the refinish, 35.00 for the front/back strap, and maybe 10-15 for the spring. + 125.00 for the base gun? under 500.00 by my count, of course why would you? I really like my 52 just like it is, the finish looks good, it's comfortable in my hand, The only mod I did was a new firing pin and grip tape on the front strap and trigger guard. I can't see doing mod's that cost more the the base model when it's getting 3.5" groups at the 30 yd line.

3. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Dang and I just spent $45 on 400 rounds and thought I was spending to much on the Ole 52'

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

when you got bucks, ya can have done what ever you want!!!!!!

5. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Cal
    I put a set of sights on mine and the spring upgrade and the fireing pin fix , also the extended slide stop.
    I guess I have spent more on it than it's worth.
    But I like it.
    I enjoy getting the little cool things for that pistol.
    Like magazine floor plates, their expensive but cool.
    over time you can aquire a whole lot of cool little detail oriented upgrades for your CZ 52
    Whats wrong with that?
    if you want to do those things then Do it if you don't then don't
    How many hundred dollar cars do you see with thousand dollar rims ?
    I am not expecting to sell my CZ just enjoy it.
    hell if we all had to have the same gun that would be Boring.

6. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Dennis,
    I guess I should have specified that in the article, the author stated that the average gunner won't be able to afford a $2000 handgun.
    Now, don't get me wrong-I like to doll my little Com Bloc weapons up also. However, and I am sure I'm not the only one, that kinda said "Whoa!" after finding out the "basic" package cost $875. I was expecting something closer to the $500 range.
    If I had to put my surprise into perspective, it would be like seeing a Yugo with a set of racing slicks on it.

7. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    I havent gotten to read the article in question