close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CZ550 Varmint Laminated in .308

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by freakingout, Oct 26, 2006.

1. freakingout

freakingout G&G Newbie

Anyone have any experience with this rifle, or any CZ's? Are they good rifles? Is accuracy/relaibility good? Google didn't have musch to say? Any info is much appreciated.

2. Zen900

Zen900 G&G Newbie

CZ 527 .223

This is a review of the CZ527 .223 dunno if it is like what you're interested in or not. A varmint gun in .308 seems a bit hefty in caliber.

3. freakingout

freakingout G&G Newbie

It's not going to be a varmint gun. I'm using mostly for long distance target shooting. Hoping to start a local rifle team. And of course the occasional whitetail hunt.

4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 G&G Newbie

I have a few CZ's in rimfire and centerfire and I really like them. They are accurate and reliable but the prices for them keep going up.

5. freakingout

freakingout G&G Newbie

I know what you mean about the prices!!! Geez, you know what the deal is with that?

6. utahvarminter

utahvarminter G&G Newbie

Cz's are supposed to be up there in quality.

Bolt action 308's I'd buy.

Remington 700 VS SF II, VSF, VS, VLS
    Savage 12FV, 10FP, 12FVSS, 12LPV

EDIT:CZ 750 Sniper
    CZ "Sniper"

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  7. billr

billr G&G Newbie

Smaller Centerfire

I have 527 in a couple of rifles I also have a bunch of Rem. 700 I can't tell any difference in accuracy and CZ is 300 less money, I am like the other gentleman I think a 308 is a hefty target gun .
    billr

8. saladin

saladin G&G Newbie

the cz's are top notch. almost all of them seem to be !!!! accurate. you also get a pretty sophisticated set trigger.

down here in australia, .308 is a pretty versatile calibre for competition. it is a sensible choice for field rifle sihouette, where 1000 ft/lb minimum is needed for the 500 yard targets. you can enter "f'-class 600 and 300 yard 3-position target matches ( calibres must be military - 223 or 308). of course, you can also play in field rifle benchrest.

the varmint weight of the cz might also take the edge off the 308 recoil, making for a more enjoyable day when sitting behind it at the bench. ( even the standard cz 550 is a relatively hefty 8lb bare weight. i'm looking at one in 308 for similar uses to yourself, freakingout).

if you handload, you can get 110-grain varmint projectiles, too, for a day plugging rabbits ( or woodchucks, prairie dogs or whatever you guys go after).

if you get one, let us know how it shoots

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted