D.C. School Shooting

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Bravo, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

2. I say the same thing with all the shootings that's been happening in Chicago as of lately? They have a similar ban. Yet it happens.

And the conspiracy theorist in me has to wonder if someone isn't doing this or having it done to help bolster feelings and to help the decision along to keep the ban and/or bring about more bans and gun control and/or laws. People with money and people with power tend to get their way. Also, I put nothing past anyone anymore. Ethics and morals have gone out the window.

3. mym1a

mym1a Guest

I DON'T THINK YOUR ALL THAT PARANOID GLOCK, I BELIEVE LIKE THE PERFECT STORM, A SECQUENCE OF EVENTS HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO HAPPEN FOR YEARS AND NOW THE RESULTS OF THESE ACTIONS IS BECOMING DEADLY! BRAKE DOWN IN FAMILY VALUES,MORALS ,LACK OF POSITIVE ROLE MODELS? WHEN I WAS A SMALL BOY MY ROLE MODELS WERE DAVEY CROCKETT,DANIEL BOONE TODAYS YOUTH LIKE TO EMULATE PIMPS,DRUG DEALERS AND EXCON'S WITH A VOCABULARY OF A 3 RD GRADER!GETTO MENTALITY IS THE FASION THING TO BE IN TODAYS SOCIETY!!! AND THE LIBERAL LEFT ENCOURAGE THIS BEHAVIOR !!!!

4. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

+1.

It's a decline in personal convictions caused in part by a "responsibility shift" to a faceless third party fueled by nanny state laws and policies.

I used to go target shooting as a kid with my friends unsupervised once I demonstrated proficiency and safety to my parents. NONE of us would have ever thought about shooting our friends or a school -- it was just something terrible that we would never do.

We had a sense of right and wrong. This sense of right and wrong was instilled by our parents, not the "village."

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  5. Times sure were different not even 20 years ago weren't they. A WHOLE NOTHER WORLD. What I'd give to have the '70's back. lol

6. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

I think that is a valid concern, people with big money will do darned near anything to get their way, they will do it behind the scenes, naturally.

7. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I actually read a book (believe it or not I can read) a while back by I think Dean Koontz which was about a combination of factors that lead to widespread mind control. This was done primarily thru advertising, subliminal suggestion, and hidden pictures, words, and symbols. This was aided by a drug injected into a muni water supply.

If you're a conspiracy kind of guy, maybe our media is practicing a similar tactic on our populace.

8. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    It's a conspiracy. The Reagan administration was accused of spreading crack cocaine in the inner city to keep the black man down. Now it's probably the Bush administration speading guns into the inner cities to further the policies of the Reagan administration. And let's not forget the conspiracy of 9/11. Man, where does it all end???

9. mym1a

mym1a Guest

CONSPIRACY??, MAYBE? OR MAYBE A GROUP OF LIBERALS WHO JUST CAN'T ACCEPT THE FACT THAT EVERY THING THEY TOUCH THEY DESTROY!

10. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Much like the conservative right encourage the redneck wifebeater behavior? You can't blame liberals for everything; if so I'd like to hear how you explain the Texas religous cult child sex ring as being a liberal scheme?

11. Parrothead

Parrothead Guest

SPOCAHP ANAR - I disagree with you and agree with mym1a. I don't blame liberals for everything, but reducing prison sentences for good behavior and blaming anyone for the actions of some deranged individual (sue the gun maker for the crime committed with the gun for example) do have the effect encouraging such behavior in my opinion. After all - it's not really the shooter's fault - it's someone else's fault that they became that way in the first place and it wouldn't have happened if the gun was never made etc.

I put responsibility for things squarely where I see it. The Texas mess is the responsibility of the adults who caused and furthered it. The responsibility for the DC shootings should rest on the person who did the shooting.

12. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

S.A. I am a Southerner and a conservative, maybe even a redneck but I don't believe in nor condone wife beating. As for the Texas cult, it was a group that had been expelled from the Church and became just that, a cult. Don't think you can hang that on either the conservatives or liberals.

13. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I'm not going to try hanging anything on anybody, but we have lost the personal responsibility for one's actions that has kept this country safe. The "brains" have decided that nobody is responsible for anything, and it's the fault of society if they commit mayhem. That, in itself,is destroying the fabric of this nation. We shouldn't punish the individual, because the individual was raised to be what he is by society. This is just so much bogus crap, I can't understand how so many folks swallow it as fact. We need to get back to personal responsibility!!!!!

14. Sooner Shooter

Sooner Shooter G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Amen!