Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to find dom of savage 250-3000 serial # 535795 this is all the numbers i can find . any answers???

·
Registered
209 Posts
Probably 1950, but you need the lever boss code (LBC) to be sure. Check further down in the post for the description for LBC.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No it is on the front facing the end of the barrel. Some were not stamped very well or like my 1950 EG it just had a diamond. I had to remove the butt stock to find the stamped code of 12B on the right hand side of the metal under the stock. Here is a picture of a LBC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
99 Lever

Thanks For Your Help And The Picture .still Cant Read The Number. Plan To Disassemble Anyway For Cleaning . Just Traded A Old Junk 9mm For It .it Will Make A Nice Shooter

·
Registered
209 Posts
Jim,

The number is the inspector, the letter is the year. I usually use a magnifying glass to read it, but some are stamped quite lightly and you have to make a guess.

Also I sent you a private message.

·
Registered
631 Posts
If it is stamped lightly, hold a piece of paper over the stamping and use something like chalk, a pencil, or even a crayon. Rub lightly horizontally, the stamp should show up on the paper like MAGIC. Worth a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts