Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to morning to check the zero on dad's 250/3000, felt it would be irresponsible not to. Must say that I'm well pleased, didn't change anything other than live rounds to empty brass. Not posting the load because you can't get that much of the original 4831 in the cases without a little coaxing. All I will say is the load came out of a Speer manual from the late 60's
Circle Symbol Font Pattern Symmetry

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Went out to morning to check the zero on dad's 250/3000, felt it would be irresponsible not to. Must say that I'm well pleased, didn't change anything other than live rounds to empty brass. Not posting the load because you can't get that much of the original 4831 in the cases without a little coaxing. All I will say is the load came out of a Speer manual from the late 60's View attachment 170005

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
As the Forged in Fire guy says, "Your rifle....will kill!"

I have a buddy that collects Savage 99s in 250/3000. I always thought that was a little crazy!?

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Bet they would cost plenty if still made today! Imagine all milled parts with glossy bluing and walnut. Must be a pleasure to shoot in .250. At least Model 99s floating around still.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts