close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Daewoo!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I just put a nice, almost brand new Daewoo DR 200 on layaway. Anyone have experience with then? It seems to be essentially a beefed up AR-180. The peep sight is real nice. I think I am getting a good deal at about $600. It comes with 2 mags and a case. It has a thumbhole stock, but appears to be pre 94 Klinton ban.

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Sounds like a fine price to me. What caliber is it? As far as thumbhole stocks go, the Daerwoos seem pretty substantial and comfortable.

3. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Jump on that! Pre-ban and Pre-Clinton ban Daewoos are getting scarce and the quality is second to none... I have talked to several gunsmiths that attest to it's fine quality workmanship and accuracy. To tell you the truth, I've never seen a Post- Clinton ban Daewoo rifle at a show...

Jesse

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I handled and inspected the rifle and it is sweet. The workmanship and finish (some sort of phosphate) are excellent. Only about 50 rounds were fired through it. The previous owner was a LEO who discovered he would not be allowed to qualify with it for the force. I think the receiver said it was imported by Kimber.