close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Daily Word

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Jul 17, 2017.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Rotting from Within

"No one calls for justice, nor does any plead for truth. They trust in empty words and speak lies; they conceive evil and bring forth iniquity."
    —Isaiah 59:4

We’re living in a time of amazing contradictions. As we look at the turmoil in our nation, we see that America is reaping the results of years of disobedience to God and His Word. We have worked so hard to remove God and His Word from our courtrooms, our classrooms, and our society in general.

We are seeing sin’s effect all around us, because we don’t have a set of absolutes concerning morality and right and wrong. We have been so careful to arm ourselves to the teeth against the enemy on the outside that we’ve forgotten the enemy on the inside.

Writing about the fall of Rome, historian Will Durant said, “A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within. The essential causes of Rome’s decline lay in her people, her morals...”

We are rotting from within. How are we going to solve this dilemma? Let me say this. No politicians or government programs are going to do it for us. While they can bring some help and assistance, it won’t get to the root of the problem. The only answer for the ills of this country is a Heaven-sent spiritual awakening, a revival.

I am not suggesting a turn toward spirituality or a turn to a god, whatever you conceive him or her or it to be. I am talking about a return to the true and living God, the God our founding fathers cited, the God we have always believed in from the beginning but have forgotten. There never will be a spiritual awakening in this nation until we believe in the one and only true God and His Son Jesus Christ. Without this, there never will be moral change or a cure to our countless social ills.

2. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    Truer words were never spoken!

Gun Junkie and neophyte like this.

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Sir, expanding for our new readers. From King James

Isaiah 59:4

2But your iniquities haue separated betweene you and your God, and your sinnes haue hid his face from you, that he will not heare. 3For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquitie, your lippes haue spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered peruersnesse. 4None calleth for iustice, nor any pleadeth for trueth: they trust in vanity and speake lies; they conceiue mischiefe, and bring forth iniquitie. 5They hatch cockatrice egges, and weaue the spiders web: he that eateth of their egges dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper. 6Their webbes shall not become garments, neither shall they couer themselues with their workes: their workes are workes of iniquitie, and the act of violence is in their hands

Huey Rider and Kmcdowell like this.
  4. Kmcdowell

Omaha NE
    The Root of Bitterness

Hebrews 12:14-15 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: 15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

One of the reasons why we don't see revival today is the bitterness in the world and especially among Christians. Instead of being examples of forgiveness, many have become "offense takers" always looking for ways to be offended.

The grace of God has forgiven us for all our sin from the first to the last, and if we fail to exemplify the grace of God toward others it will plant a root of bitterness within us which will not only trouble us individually, but will spring up and defile many of those around us.

Just like the rot that is ruining our country from the inside out, bitterness defiles each of us from the inside out. We are called to forgive others as God, for Christ sake, has forgiven us. If there is someone who has wronged you that you've failed to forgive, do it today and pull out that root of bitterness before it destroys you and those around you.

Huey Rider and neophyte like this.
  5. Kmcdowell

Omaha NE
    The actual 1611 edition of the King James Version. :)

neophyte likes this.
  6. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Sir; God has his plan. It's clear

Ecclesiastes 3:17

14I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. 15That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past. 16And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there. 17I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work. 18I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. 20All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Kmcdowell and Huey Rider like this.