close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Daily Word

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Feb 13, 2018.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

The Grip of Fear

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? —Psalm 27:1

We all know what it’s like to be gripped by fear. And fear works with its close buddy, worry. The two often work together. You can get caught up playing that what-if game, tying your stomach in knots.

In fact, modern medical research has proved that worry can actually break down your resistance to disease. More than that, it actually diseases the nervous system, specifically that of the digestive organs and the heart. Excessive worry can even shorten your life.

We all know what it is like to be afraid of something, but far too often we are afraid of the wrong things in life. At the same time, we are not afraid of the right things in life—or maybe I should say the right One in life. We don’t fear God. Yet the Bible tells us the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

To fear God doesn’t mean cowering in terror before Him. Rather, the fear of God has been properly defined as a wholesome dread of displeasing Him. If I have sinned, it is not the fear of what God will do to me. Rather, it’s the fear of what I have done to Him. That is what it is to fear the Lord.

The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when you fear God, you fear nothing else. On the other hand, if you don’t fear God, you fear everything else.

David said, “The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1 NKJV). Only the person who can say, “The Lord is the strength of my life” can then say, “of whom shall I be afraid?”

Are you gripped by fear and worry right now? Then let the Lord be the strength of your life.

2. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    Spirit of Fear

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

When we turn our lives over to God through Jesus Christ, we are not given the spirit of fear. Quite the opposite in fact. He takes away the spirit of fear and replaces it with His Holy Spirit. A believer who lives in fear, is living contrary to what the Bible says about us.

In place of fear, He gives us the spirit of power. The word translated power in this verse is the word where we get out English word, dynamite. The power we are given is a force or a dynamic power that is evident in our everyday lives. It's the kind of power that works miracles and displays the glory and authority of God. If we are walking in the power of God there is nothing to fear in this world.

Secondly, we have the spirit of love. The Bible says that God is love. Not the kind of love the world follows after. Not just attractiveness or affection. It is the kind of unconditional love that proves itself in personal sacrifice. If we are willing to offer ourselves up to God in self sacrifice, there is nothing in the world that can bring us harm. The Bible says that perfect love casts out all fear.

Finally we are give the spirit of a sound mind. With the Holy Spirit in our heart and the Word of God in our mind, we can go forth without fear. There is no sounder mind that that which is grounded in the scriptures. God has given us His Word as a foundation upon which we can built our lives. As we read and learn His Word, the Holy Spirit will bear witness in our lives that we are the children of God.

God, through His Spirit has given me power, love and a sound mind. That deals with any fear we may confront in this life.

PAPA G, Huey Rider and neophyte like this.

3. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    Griz, that is an awesome post! I just shared it with my pastor. I am going to follow that advice as I life my life today.

grizcty, PAPA G and neophyte like this.
  4. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Sir; Throughout; We are guided; with explanation

Titus 3:5

2To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. 3For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. 4But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.