Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Daily Word

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Mar 14, 2018 at 1:13 AM.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

The H Word!

I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. —Acts 20:27

How hard it must be for a doctor to come to a person, who has just had a test, and say, "I'm sorry, but you have cancer." The doctor must tell the truth so the patient can seek the necessary treatment.

In the same way it is difficult at times to deliver the whole message of the gospel. The apostle Paul said to the elders at Ephesus, "'I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God' "(Acts 20:27). And we are so excited to say to people, "God loves you. He will give you peace, joy, forgiveness, and the hope of Heaven if you will receive Jesus Christ into your life." But when someone asks, "What will happen when I die if I refuse to believe in Jesus Christ?” we suddenly aren't as excited to share the whole counsel of God.

Oftentimes we don't like to say the words Hell and judgment, because people will get offended. So we hide that part of the gospel message. Listen, the word gospel means good news. But before someone can fully appreciate the Good News, they need to know all about the bad news. Jesus did not come to be an additive in our lives. He did not come just to give us warm, fuzzy emotional feelings. Jesus primarily came to deliver us from eternal judgment in Hell. Things like happiness, peace, and joy are fringe benefits. The big issue is eternity. We must not be afraid to tell people the truth. We, like the apostle Paul, need to proclaim the whole counsel of God.
  2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Sir, for our new readers. Expanded

Acts 20:27

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. 25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. 26Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. 28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 29For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Sir; thoughts, guidance, understanding from Gods love

Romans 8:35

32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shalltribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
  4. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    The Lake of Fire

Revelation 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

There is coming a day when those who chose to reject Jesus Christ as their personal Savior will be resurrected to stand before God at the great white throne judgment. The Bible says they will be judged according to their works. Here lies the difference between one who knows Christ and one who does not. Those who have accepted the free gift of life in Christ will be judged according to the perfect life of Christ and our names will be written in the book of life.

On the other hand, the rest will only have their own works to stand on and will be judged accordingly. Romans 3:23 says For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; therefore there is no way to have your name written in the book of life other than through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

So what does it cost to receive the forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ? Absolutely nothing. It is the gift of God which leads to eternal life. However, it does cost you something to live for Christ and all who believe on Him will have that desire to honor and serve Him.

Joshua 24:15 ......choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
    grizcty, Huey Rider and PAPA G like this.