close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Daily Word

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Apr 16, 2018 at 2:08 AM.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

BIBLE MEDITATION:

“Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."
    Matthew 5:5

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

What does it mean to be meek? First, let me tell you what it is not before I tell you what it is.

Meekness is not weakness. Jesus said in Matthew 11, “I am meek and lowly at heart.” If you think meekness is weakness, go a week trying to be meek. The Bible says Moses was the meekest man on earth (Numbers 12:3), yet he performed miracles, defied Pharaoh, and led a nation for 40 years.

“Meek” means yielded. It is strength under control. When an animal, especially a horse, is domesticated, it is trained so a rider can sit on its back or it can pull a plow. The proper term for bringing the animal under discipline is ”meeked.” Its will has been broken. Now it yields to the rider or the yoke. It still has the same fire, the same drive, the same instincts, but now there's a bit, a bridle and a saddle. God does not hobble the horse; He energizes it. Now it exhibits strength under control. I still have ambition, but now my ambition is to serve the Lord Jesus Christ. That’s what meekness is.

ACTION POINT:

Read Matthew 11:29 and 21:5. What does Jesus say about Himself and how can you emulate Him?

PAPA G and neophyte like this.
  2. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    A Prisoner of the Lord

Ephesians 4:1-6 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Paul considered himself to be a prisoner of the Lord. Whether he was a free man or in a Roman prison, he was always under the "custody" of the Lord Jesus Christ. What a great way to describe meekness; to be under the custody of someone or something. He fulfilled no will of his own, but submitted himself as a servant to the gospel of Christ.

He encourages us to walk worthy according to our divine vocation. Behaving with all lowliness and meekness with longsuffering forbearing one another in love.

And why is this spirit of meekness so important?

Because we are to seek unity among believers in the Spirit. That produces a bond of peace which is a witness to the world that we are His disciples. John 13:34-35 We need to be one in everything we do. We are one body with one faith and one baptism. We all serve one God and Heavenly Father.

We need to learn how to place ourselves under the custody of the Holy Spirit and look to serve each other. There is no better way to draw the lost to Jesus Christ than for His disciples to love and serve one another.

grizcty, PAPA G and neophyte like this.

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Through Psalms; we learn meaning

Psalms 37:11

8Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. 9For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. 10For yet a little while, and the wicked shallnot be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. 11But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. 12The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. 13The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. 14The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation

grizcty and PAPA G like this.