Daily Word

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Kmcdowell, May 18, 2018.

1. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    God Trumps the Heart

Proverbs 16:9 A man's heart deviseth his way:
    but the Lord directeth his steps.

I've already made my plans for the day. I am at McDonalds enjoying a Sausage & Egg Biscuit and doing my devotions for the day. Then I will gather up my dog for a trip to the groomer, followed by a lunch appointment with my best friend. After lunch, I plan to pick up the dog, take her home and meet another friend for a guitar lesson late this afternoon.

My heart has devised a way to spend my day, but I must rely on God to direct my steps. I find it interesting that while I lay out the plans for my day, God is operating at a much more granular level. I have things to get accomplished, but God is watching over and directing each and every step I take.

That said, it doesn't make any sense to make plans without consulting the Lord. It's a good idea to visit with Him at the beginning of everyday and acknowledge His ability to either complete, change or even cancel our plans for the day. As you plan your day out today, yield your heart to God and ask Him to direct your steps. Many days will go off without a hitch and God will even bless your plans, but always allow Him the opportunity to make changes that could bring you many opportunities to honor and glorify Him.

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Thank you for filling in for grizcty!!!:) I hope he is okay,I was shocked yesterday to see that there was no Daily Word and I worried about grizcty. :(

Huey Rider likes this.

3. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    I wonder if someone could check up on him and Marie. My only contact with him is through the forum and I know there are some members who have his phone number. I would be lost without his daily spark that motivates me to contribute to the Daily Word post.

Gun Junkie, PAPA G and Huey Rider like this.
  4. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I am concerned also. I look forward to all the daily spiritual inspirationals. Was shocked not to see him the past 2 days. Hope all is well.

PAPA G likes this.
  5. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Sir; our new readers can apply this to each daily moment

Proverbs 16:9

6By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil. 7When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. 8Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right. 9A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. 10A divine sentence is in the lips of the king: his mouth transgresseth not in judgment. 11A just weight and balance are the LORD'S: all the weights of the bag are his work. 12It is an abomination to kings to commit wickedness: for the throne is established by righteousness.

Huey Rider and PAPA G like this.