Daily Word

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Aug 1, 2020 at 2:44 AM.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

God Has the Last Word

We have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 2 Peter 1:19 (NIV)

They may not seem very relevant to us, but Peter says it will help us to be aware of the words of the biblical prophets. What is the next big event on God’s prophetic calendar? The return of Jesus. Skeptics say that’s been true since He left in the first century, but we know from Scripture that before that happens the nation of Israel had to be reformulated and the Jewish homeland established there. For 2,000 years that was like saying “Once upon a time” or “Far, far away.” Today, the nation of Israel exists, the United States has recognized Jerusalem as the united capital of the Jewish people in the land of Israel, and we moved our embassy there. Those were necessary steps before we could say, “Next up is the return of the King.” Don’t minimize the role of the ancient prophets, because their words help us understand what God is doing in the earth today.

THINK ABOUT IT
    The words of the biblical prophets bring hope and assurance that the dark times we live in do not dictate the final word. Isaiah declared that the Word of the Lord stands forever, so we know that God has the last word! Where in your life have prophetic scriptures brought you hope?

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, You see the end from the beginning. Your Word is ahead of the news. It stands forever, assuring my hope and giving me peace. Help me search the word of Your prophets, to understand my times and the wisest response. In Jesus’ name, amen.
    Pastor Allen

PAPA G, Huey Rider, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  2. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    In the Last Days

Matthew 24:3-14 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Ever since Jesus ascended into the heavens there has been cause to believe that His return could be at any time. However we are living in a day and age when so many things are lined up with scripture, we may very truly be looking at the last days here on earth.

There are many false prophets coming around these days either in the name of Christ or of another anti-christ trying to deceive the people of the world.

There are wars and rumours of wars on all fronts. We are currently at odds with China. Two of the most powerful nations on earth in a cold war with each other. The middle east is seeing nation rise against nation.

We are stricken with famines and diseases of great proportion. Earthquakes have increased in frequency and severity many times over during the past hundred years.

Look around and notice that people are being offended by one another like never before. We have become a divided people with hatred in our hearts toward one another. True faith in Jesus Christ is hated and causing strife among people and because of Christ, people have hate in their hearts toward one another.

Jesus tells us that His gospel shall be preached to the entire world during this time and then the end will come. Where will you be when Jesus comes? Today is the day for all believers to be right with God so that we will not be ashamed when He returns to catch us away to be with Him. Be busy about His business and be not dismayed about all the trouble and strife in the world. All these things must come to pass and then Jesus will return. Hallelujah!

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Sir; as I expand

Job 38:
    Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. 4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
    8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? 9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it, 10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors, 11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
    12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place; 13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? 14 It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment. 15 And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/Job/38/type/kjv

grizcty, PAPA G and Huey Rider like this.