Daily Word

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Aug 3, 2020.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

It’s Time to Take Out the Trash

“Then Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest’” —Matthew 11:28

It seems as though there’s some unwritten law of the universe that men must take out the trash. I don’t know why, but that’s our job.

For some reason I put it off at my house even though it’s really not that hard. Our trash cans have wheels and a handle, so all I need to do is drag them out front. Then someone comes along and picks up the trash.

They do their job, and they do it well. I’m glad about that because if they decided not to pick up our trash for a month, we’d have a serious situation.

Now, what I’m about to say might seem a little odd: Jesus, in effect, wants to pick up your trash. Let me explain. He said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28 NLT).

In other words, “Would you please bring your cares to Me? Would you please bring your anxieties and your worries and your problems and your burdens to Me? When you do that, I will give you rest.”

That’s quite a promise because we all have cares and anxieties and worries that weigh us down. You know the feeling. Just when you lay your head down at night, here they come. What about this crisis? What about that uncertainty?

Sometimes you’re able to give them over to the Lord, but then they’ll pop back into your head again. It feels like a lot of weight on your shoulders.

Here’s what the Bible says we should do: “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you” (1 Peter 5:7 NLT). We need to give deliberately and intentionally put our worries and cares into God’s hands.

When your burdens pile up, bring them to God.
    Pastor Greg

2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Sir; adding. “I thank thee”

Matthew 11:28

25At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light

3. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    Be On the Lookout

1 Peter 5:8-9 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.

This is a little something for those of us who are currently throwing out the things from our lives that are unpleasing to God. Those who are lost are already under the dominion of the devil and he pretty much leaves most all cold and lukewarm Christians alone.

However, if you are serious about living for God and following Christ, you need to be on the lookout for the enemy. He will do anything possible to trip you up long your Christian walk.

Don't get me wrong. We have the capability within our old flesh nature to stumble into sin all by ourselves, but if you are truly committed to living for God, Satan will often get involved to throw obstacles in your path. Once he has you in a snare, it is more and more difficult to shake that sin and get your heart right with God.

There are many dedicated, soul winning, Christ loving believers who are plagued with a besetting sin that they may have stumbled into at some point in time. Well once they stumbled, the enemy sensed that vulnerability and he moved in to control that part of your life. From then on, it seemed like that one little slip up became a terrible thorn in your side and you just can't seem to shake it.

So what's a believer to do when that set of circumstances presents itself? Well the Bible tells us in James 5:14-15 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

When we are sick spiritually or physically, the Bible tells us to summon the elders of the church to pray over us, anointing us with oil that we will be healed. And if we have committed sins, those will be forgiven. Then, once the sin has been repented of and forgiven, fill the empty space that the enemy had occupied with things that are Godly. As long as you are preoccupied with Godly things, there is no place for the devil to establish His strongholds.

Just be on the lookout for Satan. He is ready to take what may seem like a small meaningless sin and turn it into a nightmare of bondage. If you find yourself in just such a situation, do not hesitate to call for the elders of the church to pray and anoint you with oil and you can be delivered!