Daily Word

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Oct 1, 2020.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Open House!

Offer hospitality to one another . . . use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:9-10 (NIV)

In the South, our hospitality quotient is off the charts. People who come here from other parts of the country are afraid of our hospitality! Give us sweet tea and cornbread, and we’ll have a party to celebrate just about anything—sports, a birthday, a new baby, a new job. All that celebrating means lots of conversation—except when it comes to talking about Jesus. If our favorite team wins a big victory, we can talk about that for hours, but if our God does something amazing for us, we’re probably going to keep that to ourselves. We need to get better at telling what the Lord has done for us. As we are offering our famous hospitality and serving each other out of the love in our hearts, let’s also make a difference for the Lord. Trust Him enough to talk about Him outside the walls of your church building, and then watch with amazement at what He will do.

THINK ABOUT IT
    As you plan a gathering—guest list, menu, decorations, games, etc., do you also plan to include God in ways that can make a difference in the lives of those invited? Make room for Him on your next hospitality list!

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, I am not always intentional about dedicating space for You at my gatherings. Help me plan to include You. I want to give You ample room to move among the people at my gatherings and impact their lives for Your glory. In Jesus’ name, amen.
    Pastor Allen

2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Sir; as I expand; my thoughts are as a steward
    (servant)

Hebrews 13:5

2Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. 3Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body. 4Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. 5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. 7Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of theirconversation. 8Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever

3. Gun Junkie

Gun Junkie G&G Evangelist

Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.

4. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I do not offer this to offend. But sweet tea is a delight across our Nation. It was created during the days of Prohibition. Strong Black Tea and sweeteners were a substitute for Kentucky Bourbon.:(

PAPA G likes this.