Daily Word

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Oct 24, 2020.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Ever Gaining & Advancing

He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me. Colossians 1:28-29 (NIV)

Very few things catch our attention more than college athletic tournaments. We may be casual fans during the regular season, but when it’s tournament time we become passionate. The athletes have probably been training since they were children, but at the end of every game one team moves on while the other goes home. The expressions on the faces of the losing team can be heartbreaking. You know that some of them are wondering, “Could I have given a little more?” They know they’ll never have this particular opportunity again. Our spiritual lives are a little like that. We want to gain ground spiritually and advance the Lord’s purposes. Sometimes we do well, and sometimes we falter. But I know this—when my days on the earth are nearing their end, I do not want to have to wonder: Could I have given the Lord a little more? Is there one more person I could have told?

THINK ABOUT IT
    When we depend on the Lord for the energy we need to accomplish all He desires, He works powerfully through us to help others know Him more fully. Ask God to help you exert more spiritual energy today than you have expended before. Then ask Him for the same again tomorrow.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, help me remove any selfish limitations I have placed on the power You would exercise through my life. May I, with persistence, devote myself to being strenuously spent in helping others follow You more fully. In Jesus’ name, amen.
    Pastor Allen

PAPA G, Huey Rider, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

grizcty: Sir; a good learning moment.

Colossians 1:28

25Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 26Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily

grizcty, PAPA G and Huey Rider like this.