close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dan Wesson returns!

Discussion in 'CZ' started by Habakkuk21, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Habakkuk21

Habakkuk21 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

http://cz-usa.com/product/dan-wesson-715/

It's not a Pistol Pack, but ships in a hard case with spaces for extra barrels and grips.

Retail $1168.

I've never paid more than $850 for a firearm, and that was for an M1 Garand, but...I WANT it!

2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf G&G Evangelist

I must be getting old......$1168 for a Dan Wesson revolver without extra barrels seems like way too much money to me!

Habakkuk21 and blaster like this.

3. Habakkuk21

Well, it IS a lot. And it's even more since I looked on some auction sites and saw what the market is. I don't think I could justify it, since I've got two Dan Wesson .357s that are not being used nearly as much as I would like. I gotta research this some more.
    Gandog56 has a source for new Dan Wesson barrels, newly manufactured by third party, that are cheaper than what you get if you are buying original stuff.

4. Jay

Jay Old man, No tact... Staff Member

Personal preference rules, but I'd think that a repro barrel would not generate much of a return on investment down the road. My preferences tend to run towards "original". Sounds like the price is a bit high, but the value of a gun is only what you can get someone to pay for it. I've spent a bit more than "market", due to the "want factor" for a couple of different guns. :usa:

Habakkuk21 and Big Dog like this.
  5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

If you really WANT it, and you have the money for it and won't risk the rent or food budget,
    And if the wife won't beat you senseless with her frying pan or consign you to the Dog House.....

Get it! :cool:

Habakkuk21 and PAPA G like this.
  6. Jay

...or to Big Dog's house... :rolleyes: ... :D

Big Dog, Habakkuk21 and PAPA G like this.
  7. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ah, but I do have the pistol pack. And I think I paid about the same price for it. Of course, the few extra goodies I added to it raised the price.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Habakkuk21 likes this.
  8. Habakkuk21

He has the greatest toys...

Yeah, repro wouldn't add much resale/collector value, just joy value.

Gray Wolf likes this.
  9. Jay

Not a thing wrong with joy value at all... :usa:

Big Dog and Habakkuk21 like this.
  10. Habakkuk21

Ya know, with the exception of my Garand, I don't think any of my firearms have collector value; it's either joy value or utility value.
    Think this needs a thread: collector / joy / utility value.