Dang It All

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PAPA G, Sep 10, 2002.

1. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

after an hours worth of ranting and raving , and banging up my knuckles on the keyboard, i give up for the night. signed on with 28 unread posts, posted the first , lost it and 24 unread posts, banged away on another reply where'd it go??? GOOD NIGHT FELLAS!!!

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I did the same thing recently. Happens to the best of us. I have no excuse, I'm from the computer generation... Or so they say. But even I know that if I want to learn how to use computers, I should ask someone younger than me. It's even true at 20.
    Well I'm zapped too.
    Gun night, shoot tight, drink Sprite (accepts money from Sprite rep... Oh no, I guess I'll get booted for advertising, aaaggghhh)

3. PAPA G that has been a major complaint of mine.

4. Klaus

Klaus Guest

One of my replies vanished yesterday, too. I retyped it, then it took.

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

glad to here i'm not the only one so its not operator malfunction. like i said i signed on with 28 unread post. typed a long rant and rave reply. hit submit and 24 0f 28 disappear, along with the reply i says to my self i says, "what the *___!!!"

6. Just makes ya appreciate

Howdy,

I guess I am on that bandwagon too. It is just kind of funny how great technology can be and how frustrating at the same time....

7. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Sometimes I copy the whole text of my message in case I have to repost and paste.

8. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Been there...done that.

As a result if I think I'll have a long post it's written first in "Microsoft Word". Then it's copied onto G&G.Com. Took me a few frustrating moments to learn to take that precaution.
    Oxford

9. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i got the same problem i have call waiting and don.t you know it evry time i get booted when i'm writing something. it gets frustrating. i will try to get better on my typing though. thing is i got a real bad neck. it is very clost to one solid bone frome the neck up .i have a plate in the 6/7 disc and a screw cage in the 3/4 disc. so it is hard for me to type and look at what i am typing . so sorry guys . but i promise to get better with age .lol:D

10. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

The way I look at it...if I can figure out what your point is that's ok.

Now recently a young buck was baiting me and I got on his case because he was just messing around. That pixxed me off. Since then I've refused to enter into a discussion with him. He's history as far as I'm concerned

There's no problem when someone's really trying to communicate. I'm sure that I make typo's and spelling errors, too.
    ---------------

Regarding the original problem on this thread of getting booted off the G&G.com line occasionally for some unknown reason...I've got a separate computer line because my wife's always talking on the phone. As a result, that could be why I haven't been losing the connection to G&G.Com lately.

11. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

well if i post something and you don't understand it please let me know cause it is hard to say the right words on the puter. I like the forums and like posting stuff. but maybe i should be alittle more clearer . but if i'm not clear to you or anyone els please just say so .

12. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

You're right

tommy: What you said would probably be true for most of us on this forum.

Most users on this forum aren't shy and will ask questions for clarification when they're needed. It's a shame when someone gets bent out of shape just because a question was asked to clear up a statement. That's just good communication technique.

Oxford :nod:

13. wes

wes Guest

Oxford,are you talking about me? hehe

14. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

No Wes. (ha) There's a certain young teenager buck, and many of you may know who it is, who was getting under my skin so it was best for me to just let him do his own thing. Mostly his comments just seemed stupid to me.

I'll refuse to comment on anything he writes. After enough time (about five years) goes by and he shapes up somewhat I might respond to him.
    Oxford:nod: :D

15. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

God love ya Ox, you are soooooooo educator! I love it! You seriously crack me up and remind me of a mid-west "Frasier," ever so eloquent in you speaking skills....

Did I spell that "eloquent" word right? I have this image of Principal Skinner in my mind!

I will not talk in class. I will not talk in class. I will not talk in class. I will not talk in class. I will not talk in class. I will not talk in class. I have too much time on my hands right now. I will not talk in class.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2002
  16. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Hey oneastrix: I'm sitting here laughing at your comment. You know after 41 years of doing something you get sort of slanted(this could even mean get in a rut) in your viewpoints and how you do things. (ha)

Guess they may reflect occasionaly in what I write.
    Oxford:D

17. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Heck man, keep it up!

18. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i hear ya and i understand . you can only expess so muck with these keys .lol