close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Darn Gun show loop holes...were else could they get these things?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, May 30, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I can only assume that they got these single shoot weapons at a gun show and sliped through a loop hole and purchased them without a background check.....We must close the loop hole that allowed these terrorist to get these weapons...I am sending out e-mail demanding that the manufactures insure that their distributors conduct on sight insta checks...or I will NO LONGER BUY THEIR PRODUCT....Im sure you will agree with me on this one :)

FBI warns of shoulder-fired missiles threat
    May 30, 2002 Posted: 5:26 PM EDT (2126 GMT)

From Jamie McIntyre
    CNN Senior Pentagon Correspondent

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Although it has had no specific warnings, the FBI is alerting law enforcement agencies to be on the lookout for any signs of terrorist plans to use shoulder-fired missiles against U.S. targets, especially commercial airliners.

The alert comes after investigators concluded al Qaeda operatives might have tried to shoot down a U.S. military plane in Saudi Arabia earlier this month.

(Doglips note: The below mention "firearm" is oviously a cheep saturday night special and I demand the manufacture hold their distributors responsalbe for letting terrorist get them withou a background check).

Specifications
    FIM-92A Stinger Missile
    Short-range, IR air-to-air missile
    Length: 5 ft
    Launch weight: 10.1 kg
    Body diameter: 2.75 in
    Speed: 2,445 ft/sec
    Maximum range: 3 mi
    Maxium altitude: 12,464 ft
    Warhead: Penetrating high-explosive
    Impact: Fuze
    Propulsion: Solid propellant
    Range: 4.5 km

Sources: Jane's and Periscope/USNI Military

"The FBI possesses no information indicating that al Qaeda is planning to use 'Stinger' missiles or any type of MANPAD [portable anti-aircraft] weapons system against commercial aircraft in the United States," the warning said.

"However, given al Qaeda's demonstrated objective to target the U.S. airline industry, its access to U.S. and Russian-made MANPAD systems, and recent apparent targeting of U.S.-led military forces in Saudi Arabia, law enforcement agencies in the United States should remain alert to potential use of MANPADs against U.S. aircraft."

:nod: :nod: :D

2. I don't know what gun show they went to, but around these parts you can't find anything but antiques priced way to high and junk you couldn't hit a plain with if you where standing on it.

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I wonder if these come in pre-ban configuration. If so, I'd like one with a high-cap warhead!