Day 3 of recovery

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Blackrock, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Welp I was able to move out of ICU this evening. Better food and a little more freedom

Bigfoot, grizcty, goat roper and 16 others like this.
  2. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

You keep rockin’ that recovery, Hoss. God’s got your back and so do we.

May I offer this- Remember Desmond Doss at Hacksaw Ridge. All he asked for was for God to let him save one more man. He kept up that prayer until he saved another, and another, and another.

One more day, brother. One more day.

You got this.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Bigfoot, graybeard, jerry and 9 others like this.

3. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Ever' body feels better outta ICU!!

'Course, I found there are still some limitations. When I got to a room, I decided a shower would be good. :oops: I had bandages from my sternum to just below my naval & although I tried, couldn't help but get 'em a bit wet. :(

When the surgeon made his rounds, he was very unhappy!!:rolleyes:

Bigfoot, graybeard, TXplt and 5 others like this.
  4. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

Prayers sent to Chandler AZ.

Bigfoot, graybeard, TXplt and 4 others like this.
  5. alleyyooper

alleyyooper G&G Evangelist

Michigan
    Want to race? Hoping you win, My battle is a lot longer term.

Get well ASAP.

Al

Bigfoot, graybeard, ChaZam and 5 others like this.
  6. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Blackrock and Alleyyooper, My prayers go out to both of you. Be stubborn and fight like the dickens! (With time to rest in between of course)
    Before you know it, you'll be saying "That was a [email protected]#$&d inconvenience!"

Bigfoot, graybeard, ChaZam and 6 others like this.
  7. Welp, it's Saturday mornings and I'm feeling pretty good. It's getting easier to get up and down and I had a good walk around the entire unit without any trailing tubes or wires. We are hoping to transfer to a next level rehab facility.

Bigfoot, grizcty, goat roper and 10 others like this.
  8. Great news! You'll be home in no time!

9. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

God be with both of you in your journey--you are in our thoughts and prayers.

10. Jaison

Leave the nurses alone.;)

11. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Blackrock: Sir; I’ll disagree with “jaison”. :) chasing nurses :) will help rehab be more pleasant :)

ChaZam, Bigfoot, goat roper and 5 others like this.
  12. Jaison

ChaZam, Junction15 and neophyte like this.
  13. Jaison

Haha!

I humbly defer to wiser philosophies.

Chase away, Brother Blackrock!:usa:

ChaZam, Bigfoot, Junction15 and 3 others like this.
  14. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Nothing builds up stamina like chasing a hot nurse!!

ChaZam, Bigfoot, Junction15 and 3 others like this.
  15. I was laying it on pretty heavy with the respiratory nurse last night. She was a giggler
    Getting close to being out of here I hope. I got a full shower today.

ChaZam, Bigfoot, Huey Rider and 7 others like this.
  16. I bet that was one of best showers you've ever had! :)

ChaZam, Bigfoot, Jaison and 1 other person like this.
  17. Well I am a week into this and got moved up to a rehab facility that's got good ratings. Going through all the paperwork this afternoon and meeting the staff.
    Dinner was already better than the last place plus I can take a shower any time I want to. I am pretty mobile not needing O2 or a walker.

ChaZam, Big Dog, Junction15 and 7 others like this.
  18. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Blackrock: Sir; we Celebrate :)

ChaZam and Bigfoot like this.
  19. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    Great news! Fantastic.

ChaZam and neophyte like this.
  20. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Sounds like you are making steady progress Blackrock. Back in December I hoped to go to a rehab like that for a few days. I was mainly worrying about being tripped by my cats or falling in the shower. I was hopeful they would give me a week or so in a place like that where I would have some assistance for awhile and that when I went home I would be in a little better shape and wouldn't be so concerned about my cats. They ascertained that I was doing too well and I was denied. So then the insurance offered a service that would come by my house and give me some assistance for a few days in lieu of the rehab that they denied me for. But they told me it would be on their schedule instead of mine. She also said I should probably board my cats someplace. Then she wanted to know if I had the handicap assistance bars in my tub and shower, to which I said that I did not. Then she said they could force my landlord to supply and install that stuff. So after hearing that I informed her that if they couldn't accommodate my schedule, and if they thought my cats should be kicked out, and if they think they can and should bully my landlord into doing some things, that me and her probably had nothing further to discuss. Hey, my landlord hasn't raised my rent in probably eight years or maybe more, and the cats live here too.

So anyhow, a sweet friend came over here and spent the night at my house for about a week I guess and that all went pretty well and was very much appreciated. But just take your time, be sure you have your balance before standing up, be very deliberate about where you place your feet when walking, don't wear shoes that are likely to trip you or slip and slide. You might find that wearing sweat pants and clothing like that for awhile is a good idea. You'll get there in due time, but it is quite a physical adaptation that we have to go through for awhile. Hope your rehab goes well sir...