Dear Veterans....

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by MrsS, May 23, 2008.

1. MrsS

MrsS G&G Enthusiast

My weekend is to all you veterans who have come before; is now; and will be....

My weekend is in honor of those that will be spending Memorial Day here in this great country....and those who serve in far off lands...

My Memorial Day is in memory of the many who sacrificed all for the great life I now have...

I and my family salute all of you....and will fly the flag on all of your behalf this weekend...

Thank you for everything....

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist

Thanks for remembering us.:)

3. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

MrsS, you bring tears to my eyes. I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for those with whom I served, who are still there.
    This is a time of remembering, and honoring those who gave all, in all the conflicts to keep this nation safe, and whole.
    God bless, and thank you.

4. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Well said MrsS. Thank you.

5. Marine1

Marine1 G&G Newbie

As Brother Bob said...Thank you MrsS for remembering us. We were, and still are proud to protect and serve our great nation from harms way. To my brother vets serving today...thank you for serving our great nation. To my Vietnam era brothers....welcome home!

6. Thank you MrsS ... much appreciated.

7. No words can describe the thankfulness that I feel for all of our veterans, past and present.
    We wouldn't even be able have forums like this if it wasn't for our veterans.
    My flag flies high in your honor. You have lived the life that I have only read about. May God bless each and everyone of you and your family's.
    :usa:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwu6rFCcWTQ"]YouTube - veterans day[/ame]

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  8. patrick70

patrick70 G&G Newbie

Thankyou very much Mrs.S

9. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    very kind of you to think of the vets

10. Though I've never served in the Armed Force's please beleive me when I say Thank you for your service to our country .
    All of you are Hero's to me ! If it were not for you we wouldn't have the Opportunitys and Freedom we enjoy today.
    God Bless you all !!!

11. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Surpporters

MrsS: Ma'am; thank you;
    Supporters, you are our neighbor, our friend, our mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters. You served along side of us, you cried with us, you felt the pain.
    You sent up "care" packages, with 'homemade' cookies, cakes and pies, cards we shared, and :09:pitures :09:
    For that I'm thankful.

12. Seabeescotty

Our heroes are still there, AH, and this weekend is for remembering them, though I do appreciate being added. I was a scared, nineteen year old kid, doing the job that had to be done, no more, no less. God bless the heroes, who remain Forever Young, in my heart.
    I saw a recruiting ad, that said, It's not a job, it's an adventure. It was all of that!

13. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I and my family thank all of you supporters of all the vets,I only wish our gummint treated us with the reference that you have shown.:sad:

14. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Well said Ms. S. My most humble thanks to all our Veterans, past, present, and future for your sacrifices to keep our Country free.

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  15. Thank you, Ms. S. I clouded up when I read your words, but it was from happy thoughts. As a vet, I do my best to thank all those who served & maybe bs a little with them. You get some great stories & make friends doing that.

A simple thank you, care packages sent, emails of encouragement, & and picking up an occasional restaurant tab is all part of it. A heartfelt "Welcome Home" to a Vietnam vet takes little effort. After all, they're the ones who put their lives on the line while we sit here fat, dumb & happy. We owe them.

Contrary to what the haters would have you believe, I've yet to see anyone in uniform who's there because they can't make it in the real world. They're in out of highschool because they want to serve. They're college grads. And they're people who had high paying jobs before enlisting, but feel they need to do something.

Someone said that when you sign your enlistment papers, you're also writing a blank check to our country with an amount up to & including your life.

Thank you all.

16. Seabeescotty

I signed that check at 17, and never regretted doing it...
    And some of the most intelligent people I ever met were career military, because they felt that serving the country overrode the opportunity to grow rich. They were enlisted, and officer, dropout and graduate, and I'm glad I was there to serve with them. Mjames834, thank you sir for your post.