Gun and Game Forum banner

Decorating my new "man cave"...

4K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  Kaybe 
#1 ·

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm too anal I guess. I'd have to build the racks so the rifles sit level. I built a rack in Jr. High, and modded the pattern so the "hooks" were uneven and my guns sat fairly level. Wonder whatever happened to that thing......

I like that tall rack, that's awesome! Wish I had space for something like that. Not sure about the green color though. It's not mounted, is it? Awfully close to the door.

Reactions: TheJoker
#5 ·
The rack with the M1s has an offset. They would lay horizontal, if I took the slings off of the rifles. I didn't think of it when I designed the big rack. It isn't mounted yet; but, that's pretty close to where it will rest. The door you see is to a closet. It won't be open.

#8 ·
That's an open closet door, it won't be in the way, I promise. The new man cave has two closets. Perfect for the fella that has to keep two dozen different cartridges in stock.

In fact, my Baby served me coffee, biscuits and gravy in the man cave this morning. It don't get any better than that!

Reactions: tbird430
#14 · (Edited)
Hi Rick ... Yep, you are correct. I bought Ra from a breeder in Indianapolis, Grace on High Bengals. Five field grade SA M1s from the CMP is pretty close. I wouldn't trade my baby for a whole stack of M1s. These American Bengal cats behave more like dogs than cats. Besides being gorgeous, he has a really sweet disposition and is very smart...maybe too smart. I keep catching him trying to open doors.

He is a F2 foundation kitty which puts him right at top. His maternal grandpaw, Malaki of Texas Star is an Asian Leopard Cat and most of the other genetic contributors are SBT American Bengals.

http://www.texasstarbengals.com/3patrickspage.htm

You might talk to Tia of Grace on High Bengals. She set me up with an easy payment plan while I was waiting for the next litter of kittens. The kitties she breeds and raises are simply incredible in their beauty and personalities.

#15 ·
rondog was right, I should have designed the rack with an offset. That was 10 years ago. When, I had the rack built, I didn't have most of the rifles. I just had a vague plan that I wanted to build a display as a tribute to "The Greatest Generation."

I may have to replace the M1 Carbine with a WWII refurbished Model of 1917 that didn't make the original cut. It would sit more level than the carbine.

#18 ·
I have 2 long walls in the gun room, one is for pistols and the other for 2 rows of long guns. I use peg board to hang to guns on, works great. One end is a window and the other a closet.
Don't have near enuf room for everything so most is in the safes.
Sarge

Reactions: neophyte
#20 · (Edited)
Most of my firearms are in the gun safe. I just don't have room in the safe for everything. I have secured the room with extra locks and alarm sensors. I think the WWII stuff deserves to be displayed.

Yeah, I'm thinking about mounting bayonets on them. I have them for most of the rifles.

I'll take more pictures as a get on with the decoratin'. I've got three tin signs I need to put up. And Dad's John Wayne stuff. Can't forget the John Wayne stuff!

#22 ·
My uncle Walt met John Wayne once at a hotel bar. They got to talking and people kept interrupting to get Wayne's autograph and some of them made downright fools of themselves.

Uncle Walt asked him what the weirdest thing a fan had done to him was., and Wayne told him this great story.

Every time Uncle Walt related the story to us he'd break into this spot-on impression, so as you read make sure to get that voice in your head.

"Well I was standing at a urinal, in an airport, taking a leak," the Duke said. "The fella next to me looks over, looks down at my pecker, looks up at my face, then looks back at the wall. All of a sudden he turns to me, with his hand out and yells, 'John Wayne'."
"You didn't shake his hand did you?"
"Hell, no! I looked him in the eye and said, 'Son, put that away. Yer pissin on my boots.'"

Uncle Walt said he laughed so hard he nearly choked. Soon afterward Wayne's friends came by to pick him up. John Wayne bought him a drink, patted him on the back and shook his hand.

Walt met him in late 1972, which he could remember because only a couple of weeks later he was in Illinois getting so drunk at a "Year of the Bull" New Year's party that he passed out onto a tray of pimento cheese sandwiches. This event marked the first time the John Wayne story was told and we actually have an 8mm film of Uncle Walt acting it out while he was still relatively sober. Unfortunately there is no sound, nor was the film long enough to capture the sandwich incident.

#27 ·
I can ID all but that rifle second from bottom, just above the Steyr M95. What is that cute carbine?

Reactions: Capt'n Mil Coll
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.