Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Mosin addicts! Just wondering if you guys ever hunt deer with your rooskie rifle? I took this whitetail in 2006 from around 75yds sitting on a foldup stool. Only took one shot, Wolf ammo soft point, I believe it was a 200grain. Rifle is a 91/30 with a mojo sight system on the rear. I was very pleased to say the least.

Sorry not showing my face cuz I'm soooooo ugly, and shy too LOL. :)

Attachments

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Nice buck! Great to see you puttin that Mosin to use!

Don't you love that MOJO?

·
Registered
997 Posts
with a mojo sight system on the rear
I've been looking at the Mojo and wondering just how much it helps.

How would describe what benefits it has over the original sight.

Since it sits so far away from the eye does it block part of the animal?

And oh yes...very nice deer.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Nice buck got a kick out of your bumber sticker too. LOL

·
Registered
504 Posts
Killed a four point 3 or 4 years ago with an sks at about 50 yards. Never tried the mosin though. Very nice.:)

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
What a great deer! Great rifle and a great round, as well. I think the round is a sleeper as a hunting round. Doesn't get much respect but it sure does perform. I plan to hunt with one of my mosins next season. Something about hunting with it really appeals to me. I guess it is the novelty. Plus, at the ranges we get shots at, close, The little M44 is perfect.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Way to go !!! You should be proud of your Deer and Mossin Nagent ! I've got to get me one !!!...A.H
And all this time I thought you already HAD a Mosin, Arkansas? Oh, i get it...you want to get a deer with your Mosin!

Sorry, I couldn't resist a little good natured ribbing of my friends.:09:

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been looking at the Mojo and wondering just how much it helps.

How would describe what benefits it has over the original sight.

Since it sits so far away from the eye does it block part of the animal?

And oh yes...very nice deer.
Mojo sights made my rifle way more accurate. I highly recommend them for the Mosin Nagant. When I first bought my 91/30 I took it out to the range and really couldn't hit a darn thing with those blade sights. I just think that the front post is too course a sight to really be accurate. What I mean by course is that theres a lot of front sight sticking up when alined on target at 100yards. It messes me up in elevation. I just couldn't hit with it. I dunno maybe I was used to shooting with my turkish mauser which is extremely fine sighted you can barely see the top of front sight when shooting at 100yards, but its right on bullseye. Anyway I tried the mojo sight system with my mosin hoping that it would correct the sight picture for me and get me better groups, I was very pleased with it. You can aquire the target faster than with a blade type sight. I still have the original front sight just changed the rear. With a mojo you can change elevation and windage with an allen wrench, that means no tapping front sights which is nice. As far as blocking an animal with the sight, nope no problems for me.

However I did buy the mojo sight system for my enfield and k-31 as well. The sight system didn't work as good as it did with the mosin. I had to shim the back sight on the SMLE to get proper elevation, didn't work as well as the mosin. the K-31 has a different front post on it then the mosin, different sight picture, my opnion is that it didn't work as well on the k-31 either.:no: I'll have to post pics sometime.

But for the Mosin it's perfect! Well worth the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts