Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went deer hunting on friday and saturday, I should have donated to the nm fish and game, im not sure whats going on in this state, but the deer population is non-existant, kind of strange, this state is very sparcly populated, yet you cant find a deer to save your butt, we have no white tail, only mulies, Ive considered this in the past but i dont know why, I didnt even see an elk and thats wierd, I did see lots of coyotes, one tried to raid my camp, I dont know if its poaching or enviorenmental change, because of the drought, no venison for me, oh, a dam wood rat got in my rv, i think ill get him mounted, european mount, 7mm the great rat hunter, I thougt id update this post, just stepped outside because the dogs were barking and counted 14 coyotes right outside my back door, the strange thing is they arent scared of me, just looking for a meal of any cat, or dog, or deer, I think a lot of whats happening is coyotes, man we got our full share, pretty brave coyotes,

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
shoulda blasted the coyote-cong 7mm!!! it was self defense!!!:assult:

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Didja wait till he was out of the camper...or just ventilate it inside?:jaw:

The coyotes that I used to see in SE Kansas were totally spooked when they saw humans. Guess they had reason to be. At some remote country gravel road intersections I used to see several coyotes lined up hanging from fence posts with their ears cut off for the $2 bounty. I'm talking about back in the '50's.:assult: :D ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
WHere are you hunting at in New Mexico. I know mountain lions got in the Capitan Mountains a few years ago and wiped out the deer herd there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts