Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bag the big one yet? I have not seen any close yet, however, where I hunt was hit by a tornado so it may have changed the pattern of the deer. I have not scouted much beacause I thought I knew where they would be coming through. Have had a stand there for the past two years and got one each year. Look forward to hearing your hunting stories and seeing pics.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,391 Posts
My friend has gotten 2 w/bow, one this week in my avatar pic currently. Getting ready to go in the morning 19th

Good luck to all

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Good luck you guys. I'll be thinking about you. Stay safe and enjoy yourselves. I'll be watching for your reports. :right:

I've already posted about my deer hunt last weekend.

Ox

·
Registered
6 Posts
I killed a tree Wednesday morning due to high scope mounts. I cut the tree Thursday noon to get rid of that problem. Saw two huge bucks Friday morning but I would have needed a heat seeking missle to have stopped them. That is about it.

Muzzleloader season starts the day after Thanksgiving. There is still a chance!

David.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
my dad got a small 5 pointer, i got two anterless 1 doe and one young buck. definatley hard to see them in the dry woods- where was the snow? i took one with the swede and one with the lone eagle single shot. if you want too see how bad a 7mm-08 from a pistol opens up a deer, head over to the flyinglead site, i posted pictures over there.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not been on line for a few days , so I was wondering who has bagged their deer yet. Gun season ended Sun after Thanksgiving here. All I got was a major cold ,been in bed for the last three days with a soar throat. The wife is gonna have a fit when I tell her I am going out Sat. with my smoke pipe. So far the guy that hunts the same farm as I, has not seen any either. We are talking about planting a plot in a 8 acre field next to the woods we hunt. Any suggestions for what we should plant?

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,391 Posts
2nd season starts 2nd ~5th here. Going out w/ the smoke pole here as well.

There are some pretty good seed combo's from biologic. Site included for reference. Shop accordingly.

http://www.biggameproshop.com/mossyoak-biologic.htm

Can't go wrong with clover. Corn is good. Oh, want an extra treat? Plant Hosta's. Just keep them fenced in and give them time to grow. The deer will dig them from the ground!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts