Democratic Ticket of Obamination & Slick Hillary in 2012?

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    According to Newsmax, the idea has been suggested in Washington.

Now, I admit that I think Barack Obama is disconnected from mainstream America to a degree that has not been seen in a President since His Accidency, James Earl Carter the Turd. But even the Obamination would not be that stupid - at least, I don't think he would be.

On the political level, Slick Hillary is a polarizing personality. People either love her or loathe her, there is no middle ground. This factor was considered when the Obamists were selecting a vice presidential candidate to run with the Empty Suit from Illinois, and is one reason they elected to run Joe "Foot In His Mouth" Biden instead of the Slicky Girl. That factor is still in play, despite the fact that the Obamination needs to energize his administration and one way to do that is to play musical chairs with the people in the top jobs in the Cabinet. To dump the plodding, comparatively inoffensive Biden for a grasping, entitlement-mentality greedhead like Slick Hillary would be playing with fire.

Frankly, given that the Obamination is a sitting president with some of the lowest poll numbers of recent times; whose policies the nation as a whole disapproves of; who has set a course for the country that a substantial majority of the people say is taking us in the wrong direction; who has run the National Debt up to levels unseen even in World War II; who a quarter of the population thinks is a Muslim at a time when we are engaged in a war with terrorists who call themselves Muslims; and who nearly a third of the population believes is not is is even a native-born American citizen, the last thing Obama needs as his Number Two on the ticket is a polarizing personality.

The idea of an Obamination-Slick Hillary ticket was suggested back in 2008 as a means of reuniting a fractured Democratic Party. My opinion at the time, and my opinion still, is that were Obama to be that foolish, the next thing he'd have to do is hire a food taster. Slick Hillary Clinton wants to be President of the United States the way a starving wolf wants a spring lamb. Remember how vicious a campaign she ran? Remember how unwilling she was to abandon it even when it was clear to everyone she could not win the nomination, long before the convention? She would do anything to get the job. Based on the number of people who disappeared, died or were left to dangle in the wind when their utility to Slick Willy and Slick Hillary was at an end, I do mean anything -- and I do not take murder off the table. She feels the Presidency is her destiny. Such people are incredibly dangerous to the Republic and our personal freedoms.

Like as not, this is just one of those rumors that the pundits put out there on a slow news day. But in my opinion, selecting Hillary Clinton to be his running mate in 2012 would be an incredibly stupid thing for Obama to do. It would hand the election to the Republicans on a silver platter if they have a candidate that's even halfway decent. (Note to Obama: please be stupid.)

Anyway, read the article and make up your own minds.

Woodward: Obama-Hillary in 2012 Is 'On the Table'

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  2. drtybykr

drtybykr G&G Newbie

3. Either this story is completely laughable or she wants to be come the first female VP........

4. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    What's copied, drtybykr? I wrote all that myself. Or are you saying we cannot post links to articles now?

My understanding of the new rules is that we cannot post the headline of an article; we cannot post content, even in quotations and correctly attributed per Stunk & White; and we cannot post text from the article itself. We ARE allowed to paraphrase the content of the article, and we ARE allowed to post a link TO the article. That is what I did with this one, just post the link. All the rest is my own work. I suppose I should be flattered that you think it's good enough someone would pay me money to write it, drtybykr.

Moderators, please tell me if I am misunderstanding the new rules of G&G. If I am, I will delete the whole thread.