Democrats and guns

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by samuel, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

The democrats already think they have won veto proof congress and the presidential election and it looks like they have. I am hearing more about bringing back the assault weapons ban,handgun ban,idenity ammo,and more.It looks like they will win a veto proof congress and besides I believe the weak kneed republicans would vote with the gun grabbers anyway.It is my opinion that the supreme court will hand the DC decision back to the lower courts instead of making a ruling on second amendment rights.This would guarantee anti gun laws popping up all over.(not that they wont anyway)I predict a gungrab like England had within 1to2yrs.With 90mil.gun owners this sounds impossible but with the anti,s ability to sneak their bills in on some giveaway deal that sounds good to people with their hands out,which makes up more than half the population(including illegals)and a veto proof congress,a democrat president,or both,I dont believe the anti,s can fail.I believe gun ownership in the U.S. is almost over.When the guns go,our freedom goes too.I am very depressed. sam.

2. damage855

damage855 G&G Newbie

I hope and pray you are wrong Sam, guess its a good thing I lost all my guns in that boating acident.

3. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Guest

Sam... Your post is a dismal report of current political affairs in America to us pro-gun folks, happening faster than we realize and would like, and it is not good.

I sure hope pro-gun folks will awake and pay close attention when we vote, and when we interact with others in our communities.

Something evil this way comes, and we need to stand up and speak out to stop it...

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  4. ... Imagine the sheer numbers if gun-owners marched on Washington in support of our 2nd Amendment rights?

Maybe seeing how many voters are gun owners... this may change the minds of some of those in Govt. who are strictly in it for their own skin, not that of a party affiliation.

I shudder to think of the havoc that would ensue if the Govt. attempted to kill off the personal rights to the 2nd Amendment...

Sam, I'm with you, Pred and a lot of others who lost our guns in a tragic boating accident. They are at the bottom of Lake Whatsitsname.

5. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

A wild, raving gang of armadillas broke into my place yesterday, and took anything that would shoot! I think they're gonna revolt against the citizens of Oklahoma, who have been decimating their numbers, with wheeled vehicle assaults. We've been hiding in the closet, afraid to go out, with all those armored, and now armed tanks, roaming around the place. Think they'll buy that story?

6. .22hustler

.22hustler G&G Evangelist

Sadly, my chihuahua chewed through all of my weapons barrels while we had them out for cleaning.My son then used a hacksaw and cut the actions making them inoperable, and we disposed of the remains at the local town dump as recyled metal. I'm sure glad we acted as honest and planet-minded ciivillans. These guns could have killed someone if they escaped from their locked cabinet.:34:

7. Don't fall into too deep a depression

McCain is ahead of Obama in the national polls.
    Also, Obama will have to start discussing policies and solutions and programs rather than just positive thinking.
    I do not think it will be the runaway the Dems want to have.
    I do think it will be close but will end closer to 50/50 than you might
    think.
    Also, there are a lot of Dixiecrats that are more moderate Republican than
    liberal democrat in the house and senate from the Old South States.
    So, the big thing now is for every gun owner to move from being
    politicized to being politically active.

8. patrick70

patrick70 G&G Addict

Yeah i agree,more people will catch this this as we get closer to the election.It's just a shame we have so many dead beats in this country

9. KGunner

KGunner G&G Evangelist

My guns were stolen by Mexican illegals.

10. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

I've been saying that for a while now. I don't think it will happen, or if it does there won't be enough. Some will be too scared and either give up or hide their guns. Others will have an elitist approach to the whole thing and wind up getting shocked in the end. The remaining few will go down fighting with no help and wind being labeled Americas own terrorists or some such fearmongering word.

We had better start raising funds now to do such a thing or that will happen at least here in the U.S........ if we are acutally united at all any more.

*Edit*

I will quote myself for the 3rd time: If women can march for their right to vote, why can't we? If the African-American population can vote for their rights, why can't we? HECK! If even GAYS can march for their rights, why can't we?

11. i think your wrong, besides i dont own any guns in case anyone asks.....i mean does anyone here own guns, most certainly not

12. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    Hillary has been touting her husbands ban on assualt rifles and getting it back into law. I haven't heard from Obama or McCain on the ban.

13. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Look at husein obama,s voting record in Ill.when he voted on gun issues.Further,if we wind up with a veto/filibuster proof congress and senate it makes no difference if the president of the NRA is president of the U.S.,he has no power.I don,t trust McKaine either with his record of reaching across the isle.I write this,not as democrat or republican,but as a freedom loving American.

14. Coeloptera

Coeloptera G&G Newbie

That was a terrible accident. I remember. Some of the debris came my way when I was standing on the dock and I dropped all my guns into the lake. Terrible day, that was.

I also think political expediency is likely to keep anyone from trying anything too radical. They like to be voted for. Interestingly the special election in Mississippi District 1 just put in a pro-gun Democrat.

- Coeloptera

15. That's the third election lately where a Republican in what used to be a safe district has been beaten by a conservative Democrat--I hope we're seeing a trend here, where each of the major parties becomes a little more balanced, and has to start appealing to a broad range of people instead of just the hard-core, activist bases they've been appealing to.

Those folks in Mississippi certainly didn't elect that guy to go to Washington simply to rubber-stamp any agenda Nancy Pelosi might have.

By the way, you guys need to take boating safety classes. My guns are in my safes where they belong, and I'm working to make sure they legally stay there...

16. If they start a ban, I will take my guns and become a citizen of another country. Or, they can have them when they pry them from my cold dead fingers.

17. I've already made up my mind, there not getting mine period !!! I may not have much life left anyway because I smoke cigarettes and my wife will be well taken care of, so I guess I'll go to Jail.

There never find mine !!!

18. publius

publius Guest

The democ-rats introduce a host of anti-gun bills every new session of congress. But because republi-cans have controlled congress (til now) they haven't gone anywhere. Several were again introduced this last session, but they didn't quite have the numbers, President Bush stood in the way and the dem leadership is trying to keep a low profile on the issue until after the election. The new "assault weapons" ban was proposed by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY-4) when she introduced HR 1312 in the House.

19. FISHPOND

FISHPOND G&G Enthusiast

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose." James Earl Jones
    I agree, and I will never give up my guns, nor my rights to protect my-self from man or goverment!!!

20. deadman03

deadman03 G&G Addict

nc
    i was talking with someone yesterday, she said she hated obama, (probably rasist, not sure) but wanted hillery to win. i asked about mcCain, she said, "he's to old, he could die any day." thats the kind of people that live in America now? she also said, "but i dont vote anyway."
    it iritates me that people dont vote, but when they think like that, maybe its not a bad thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.