Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
…just before the surrender of all US Armed Forces in the Philippines, an Order came down to DESTROY any/all equipment that might be of help to Japan. This Order was for all small arms. What do you think was the fastest way to destroy the M1 Garands that were in the Philippines ? You time frame is in minutes. You can not just take it apart and throw the parts around, because they can be found and rifles built. Have fun.

Without input from you guys no one learns anything Try to put in some info/question and we can learn more of the M1's History

Gentlemen
Your on TIME and on TARGET
Thanks again
Clancy
Looking for Sponsors
NRA Life Endowment
NRA Training Counselor
NRA Instructor
FSS 90% / BW X Speed Div by 1000 = PF

·
Registered
165 Posts
well I am going to say that I would have either used a grenade on a pile of them or throw them in the ocean because the salt water would destroy the rifle.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,223 Posts
I say ocean too...probably dumped quite a few...:(

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Set thermite grenades and stack weapons atop them after removing the gas pistons..

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gentlemen,
Don't get nuts guys your way is just as good as mine. I just thought that we take care of ours and what would we have to do to DESTROY it in just a few min.'s Destroy my M1 Garand. Take the end of the last butt you will see for a few years smoke it down then put the end into the muzzle and fire one round. When the bullet hits the butt it will blow right thru leaving what is called a Gas Ring right at the gas port. Very hard to see but any rounds fired after that will have almost no gas coming out because most of it will by pass the Gas Ring and targeting will just be all over the place. It is also hard to spot. I have 1 barrel that was destroyed like that.
Thanks again
Clancy

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I'd somehow weaken the receivers and barrels of all the garands, and then let the enemy get a good surprise when the squeeze the trigger.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
OFF TOPIC!I'd keep my M1 or BAR with as much ammo as I could muster,then take my chances with the jungle.Rather then being a POW to the JAPS for three years.Sorry Sir but I'm outta here,you can surrender Sir if you wish.See ya!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
JoeLee, I'm with you on that one. Surrender? NEVER!!!
Not familiar with the specifics of the situation, but the jungle sounds better than surrender.
$0.02

1 - 17 of 17 Posts