1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
According to TM9-1005-222-12:
p41
Chapter 6
DESTRUCTION OF MATERIAL TO PREVENT ENEMY USE
6-1 General
a. Destruction of the rifle when subject to capture or abandonment in a combat zone, will be undertaken only when in the judgment of the commander concerned such action is necessary. If destruction is resorted to, the equipment must be so badly damaged that it cannot be resorted to a usable condition in the combat zone either by repair of recannibalization. The reporting of the destruction of equipment is to be through regular channels.

b. Priorities for destruction of repair parts are:
1. Firing Pin
2. Extractor
3. Ejector
4. Hammer Spring
5. Trigger
6. Safety

I obviously had to look it up. I can't find it in any other manuals for the M1.

A word to the WISE for CONGRESS:
"You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass." Admiral Yamamoto

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to read this data. I hope you have learned a little of the history of the M1 Garand.
Clancy
ps Could use some hits. I hope to have both sites update in soon. Have fun hope you enjoy and learn.
NRA Life Endowment
NRA Training Counselor
NRA Instructor
FSS 90% / BW X Speed Div by 1000 = PF

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
OK I just destroyed my M1 Garand. Now what?

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Hey eclancy, just give me any M1 you have rather then destroy it/them. I'll make sure they won't end up in the enemies hands. I promise. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts