Gun and Game Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
I would have to tell you to look at the BATFE's website. That seems to be a plethora of info on anything relating to firearm rules and regs.

As a side note, I would pay $20-$30 for a set of detailed plans to build my own mag(s). And yes, I know how to make springs.

· Registered
36,571 Posts
I would have to tell you to look at the BATFE's website. That seems to be a plethora of info on anything relating to firearm rules and regs.

As a side note, I would pay $20-$30 for a set of detailed plans to build my own mag(s). And yes, I know how to make springs.
And I still know I have all the mechanical abilities of a rotten orange!

:tragedy:

· Registered
1 Posts
How do you guys feel about plastic? I use plastic waffle style mags on my AK.

It seems as though it would be trivial to produce waffle style plastic mags with a 3D printer once design specs were worked out. If you don't want to get a 3D printer, there are companies that will produce any 3D plastic design you send them. Then you'd just have to adapt the spring from something else, or make them yourself.

It would seem to me that there'd be a niche market for these in 8 or 10, and 15 or 20 round configurations. The only difference would be the length of the mag body & spring.

· Registered
6,471 Posts
How do you guys feel about plastic? I use plastic waffle style mags on my AK.

It seems as though it would be trivial to produce waffle style plastic mags with a 3D printer once design specs were worked out. If you don't want to get a 3D printer, there are companies that will produce any 3D plastic design you send them. Then you'd just have to adapt the spring from something else, or make them yourself.

It would seem to me that there'd be a niche market for these in 8 or 10, and 15 or 20 round configurations. The only difference would be the length of the mag body & spring.
3-D printers don't use durable enough plastic.

· Registered
2,349 Posts
Nice work. My Mosins hold 5. Sks holds 10-11 depending on the box mag. I won't get any extended mags for these guns. Ak and the AR have the 30 round mags. To each their own. Cool idea again.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi! Considering how 3d printers now can use more. Durable plastics and polymer materials, does anyone know of a 3d printed detachable magazine for the mosin nagant that doesn't require the archangel stock?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts