Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I done lost my mind and bought another AK-47. Got a WASR-10, that has had its receiver milled out to accept hi-cap mags. Not a bad looker, lots better than that MISR S/A I bought...wish I'd found this first! The stocks are very dark, more like a brown paint than a stain. The sights are nice and straight, and it came with a sling, cleaning kit, a 10 round, and a 30 round mag. Plus today I got a package from Hank Springer from flyinglead.info and he had extra AK mags sitting around. Sent me 3 Chinese AK mags for free! Its like Christmas in June! Thank GOD the wife was already at work! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

http://linx310.nothingbutguns.com/

Read up on my model, not a bad review! :right:

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
How many of them babies does that make now, Joe?

As a side note when I took my "3" to the range for the first time it froze up on me after about 100 rounds. When I got home, and took it apart, I found out the gas rod that attaches to the bolt had come completely apart.

I contacted Century Arms and found that, as an approved modification for import, they take the original pin, attaching the two parts, out and spot weld the pin hole. This spot weld had broken under stress.

I simply took it to a guy I know who did some good spot welding around the area, ground off the rough edges and it seems to work fine now. I'm just mentioning that in case it might happen to you and that you know there is a fix. But, in all liklihood it won't.

Glad you're happy.....have fun.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the heads up Dale. I'm gonna order one that comes from a parts kit from a real full-auto one...completely legal to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.