1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24,828 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to vote this morning. Had about 100 people standing inline outside, I just turned around and came back home.
I'll go again once the rush is over. I hate standing in long lines!
From what it was like when I went (small county) I was surprised at the number of folks at 9am on a Monday morning. I'm thinking that with many folks not trusting mail in voting and worried about Covid early voting is very likely to stay pretty busy.

Speaking of the Political Pandemic, I will say at least in my little corner of NC they handled the social distancing / protection angle very well (I was surprised). Everyone both voting and working the election wore masks, The Election Staff had face shields, masks, and Gloves checking folks in from behind plexiglass and gave us individually wrapped pens that they opened and handed you by the wrapper (you keep the pen, they are not re-used), so nobody touched the pen or ballot aside from the Voter. Then once you leave the voting station they have volunteers sanitizing them (saw them even wiping down the front legs to the booth between voters, and of course social distancing was being exercised.

Looking at the way it was being done, personally I feel that even those who have compromised immune systems or are just scared should feel pretty safe. The County even has "Drive-Through" voting for certain individuals who are actually at greater risk (they have certain requirements to keep the Lazy from tying up that too so those who really do need to not go in have easy access).

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
We didn't have social distancing & very few masks by voters. That's why I think it was predominately republican. :p The poll workers did wear masks & gloves & worked behind plexiglass shields. Electronic voting only & they had folks that wiped machines & chairs down between every voter.

Sheriff outside had no mask, sheriff inside did have a mask.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The county that I live in is 734 square miles in size with and estimated population of 176,000 people.
There are only 8 early polling places for the entire county, and only 1 within 10 miles of where I live which is also the town that has the largest population in the county.
That's roughly 1 polling place for every 22,000 people, kind of stupid!

·
Super Moderator
13,230 Posts
We're going tomorrow. As I mentioned in another thread, for the first time ever, my little town of 6,000ish has an early voting station, so I'm going to make use of it. Not so much because of concerns about the plague, but to show the county we want and need one up here.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
I wen't to the polling place around 9:30 this morning. there was a sparse masked line around the building and it was moving slow. after about 15 minuets I got in the voting place. it was like mentioned above, staff had face shields and plexi glass, every thing was wiped down and I got a free pen!

·
Premium Member
14,868 Posts
I went to vote this morning. Had about 100 people standing inline outside, I just turned around and came back home.
I'll go again once the rush is over. I hate standing in long lines!
Our country as we know it it may depend on your vote! My wife and I will stand in a mile long line if necessary! Our Republic is at stake! I’d walk through burning charcoal this time around!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
wife and I voted today with our (Permanent) mail-in ballots. We will however drop them off in person at our polling place on voting day. Interestingly our recent 2000 mile round trip to northern California and back through Redding, Shasta, Lassen forest, Reno, Lake Tahoe, and down Hwy 395 through Bishop we saw hundreds of Trump signs and posters and not one Biden sign. It's the 3 big cities of LA, SF and SD that make this a blue state. Non-urban I'd say the other 90% of the state geographically is solid red.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. Just went and checked the CO secretary of state website. Both of our ballots were received and accepted for counting. We use a Dropbox system.

·
Premium Member
5,047 Posts
Voted early on Oct 14. Mrs R and I both voted for Trump.

Reactions: Brother Bob

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
YEP, Absentee then checked on line to make sure the votes were received and considered valid.
I BELIEVE THIS ELECTION IS GOING TO BE ABOUT WHO CAN GET THEIR SUPPORTERS TO GET OFF THEIR BUTTS. ACTUALLY REGISTER ON TIME, AND VOTE.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts