Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the .223 carbine, now sports a folding stock to allow firing the carbine while the stocks folded!!!

just the latest development since the Klinton ban died.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,699 Posts
Yep, and they have better sights now too. Real metal instead of the plastic crap. :)

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Actually that folder was designed for when the ban was in effect. Notice how it still has no pistol grip. That would have been the only way to do a post-ban pre-expiration folder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah! it was in the february issue of guns magazine and did you know that it can also take 20 round and 30 round AR mags

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Yup, the first generation Kel Tec was designed to do the same. Gives the Mini-14 a run for its money.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,699 Posts
Regarding the Kel-Tec SU-16 - there are early reports beginning to come in that the barrel tends to shift when it gets hot. Thus, POA shifts too - not good. I'll be watching these rifles over time.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BattleRifleG3 said:
Actually that folder was designed for when the ban was in effect. Notice how it still has no pistol grip. That would have been the only way to do a post-ban pre-expiration folder.
you must be looking at the old model BRG3, the new version has a different pistolgrip and stock.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts

That actually is what I saw before, I don't think that would count as a p-grip under the old dead ban. The rifle would be a good buy for folks living in states that adopted the AWB themselves.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BattleRifleG3 said:
You could get the standard version as one of two Cali-legal semi-autos in 223.
it also has the Kali-banned detachable magazine too. a double whammy!!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'm seriously thinking of trading in a couple mosins & such, put some more cash down and get a su-16 in all black. The dealer had one in green $500 out the door, but I want a black one. It feels good although it's plasticky... :hmmm:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Eh, for your 10rd limit, I'd keep the Mosins. If you're gonna have a low number of rounds, might as well make them good.

I think a stripper clip fed 223 would be nice for Californians. Each tends to load faster than a rock-loading detachable mag. Advantage to the detachables is capacity, at least the ones you lock and rock in.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gunssb said:
detach mags arent banned if they're under 10 rounds :rolleyes:
then why is that 10 rd fixed magazine AR-15 type the only one allowed???

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
PAPA G said:
then why is that 10 rd fixed magazine AR-15 type the only one allowed???
hmm...dunno about that but know for sure that 10-round AR-15 detachable mags are okay (to shove in the keltec).

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Cause the AR-15 has a pistol grip and can't go without one. A Mini doesn't require a p-grip by design. Got a detachable mag, can't have a p-grip. Got a p-grip, can't have a d-mag.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
BattleRifleG3 said:
Cause the AR-15 has a pistol grip and can't go without one. A Mini doesn't require a p-grip by design. Got a detachable mag, can't have a p-grip. Got a p-grip, can't have a d-mag.
oh I thought he meant just the AR-15 magazine...yup, AR15s with detach mag of any capacity are strictly NO NO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts