Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Tanasi, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Tanasi

Tanasi Guest

Wife calls a little while ago to inform me that our 8 year old nieces have been suspened from school. These kids are little for their age and couldn't possibly hurt someone unless it was their feelings. It turns out they were having problems with a bully at school so they solved the problem by hiring another kid for $2 to beat the bully up. Their mother asked where they got the money and they said they used the money Grandmommie gave them for memorizing Bible verses. I always knew memorizing Bible verses would get you into trouble and I had to do it without getting paid.

:assult:

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

A little family counseling may be in order

Tanasi:

Sorry about what happened to your 8 yr. old nieces. Are they twins?

Regardless, as I see the situation both parties have some learning to do regarding anti-social behavior.

Definitely the bully needed to be confronted in a significant manner so that he'd really think hard before doing his act again.

Furthermore, as I understand the situation, your niece(s) might have either watched certain movies and gotten the idea of paying someone to take care of the bully or gotten the idea from older kids who thought like that.

Regardless, her solution to the problem wasn't acceptable either. Hopefully an adult will teach her an acceptable procedure to use if someone bullies her in the future. She definitely shouldn't have to live in fear.

As far as I'm concerned both sets of parents need to sit down with a counselor to discuss their kids actions and how they'll try to get them to take proper actions in the future.

Oxford:nod:

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Give me the name of the kid for hire...I'd like a couple of people roughed up myself! :D :right:

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I'm broke, but I have a Snickers and a bag of Chilli Cheese Frito's. Would like to have butts kicked based on the barter system!

No really...My daughter did the same thing. She was four, and being made fun of for her glasses. She traded a "twinkie" in exchange for the butt whoopin' of a second grader! LOL!

Had to do the whole parental thing while trying to keep a straight face.......I think she's still grounded......Been a year...Guess I'd better check and see............if she's still in the closet! LOL

5. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

Oxford counselor? :jaw: Why do thay need that? Good for the kid.Why do thay need a counselor becouse the kid solved a problem?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: It might teach the bully a lesson.:nod:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2002
  6. Tanasi let me know if they need more money.

7. Tanasi

Tanasi Guest

Yes they're twins, they truly small for their age. They're in 3rd grade and they're about 1st grade size. The bully in question is in 4th grade. They got a 5th grade kid to do the dirty deed.

They got their butts busted and suspened from school for a week. In my opinion I don't think couseling is in order (I hope you're kidding), they know they did wrong and have said they won't do it again.

The bully and the hit kid also got a weeks suspension

As far as TV goes they don't watch it. My SIL and BIL don't own one. I'd imagine I'll be blamed somewhere along the line. My oldest had a bully problem until she kicked open a can of Whoop-*****, problem solved.

The wife did say the bully's parents threatened a lawsuit and asked the cop they called to arrest the hit-kid and my nieces, their little darling didn't do anything wrong. His disipline file says otherwise and this isn't the first time he's been taken to task for bullying. I've told my kids don't take it, and solve the problem with their brains and fists (if necessary).

:cop:

8. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

That'll be next season's new Fox sitcom - "The Hit Kid".

9. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Tanasi:

My apologies to anyone who was was offended by my suggestions. And they were just that...suggestions.

I saw your post and no one was commenting so thought I'd start the ball rolling with some suggestions. Of course, my comments were a clear target for others to shoot at which I didn't mind and expected would happen. At least it got everyone thinking about a different solution.

To me this situation was made into too much of a "federal case" when it could have been handled lots of other ways. Bottom line...I wasn't there and the parents were. They had to deal with the issues and I'm only a bystander. That's the danger of offering solutions to other's problems.

I'm glad it got resolved because the girls definitely deserved a safe environment where they don't have to be afraid.

Oxford:nod:

10. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

Oxford I WAS picking at you little no offense.

11. Mick

Mick G&G Addict

It's just basic life skills aint it.

12. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

MarkII22, watch out. OX will out think you in a heartbeat....

13. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

Thanks for the warning 1* :)

14. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Heed it, Boy!::)

15. Tanasi

Tanasi Guest

Hi Ox, No offense taken. I've often thought that couseling is taken too far especially when a good butt whoopin would do more to get a kids attention. I come from a long line of butt whoopers.
    I agree that kids should be able to go to school without worrying about bullies but facts are there has always been bullies and always will be. I also think sometimes adults are too quick to jump into kids business. When I was a freshman in HS a junior started bullying me and a few other guys. We tolerated this for a few days and then gave him a good beatin and that was the end of that.
    :usa:

16. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Tanasi:
    The "butt whoppin", as you referred to, has worked for centuries and is still what's needed in this day, too. Of course, the legalistic system has interfered too much in what should be parent's and school's rights.

Glad the the situation got resolved and hope the bullies learned their lesson. My symphathies lie with your nieces. Hope they're enjoying life again without interference with those kind of problems again.
    Oxford