Dirty old 11-48

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Seabeescotty, May 27, 2008.

1. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I disassembled a Remington model 11-48, the other day, to see why it wasn't cycling. Check out it's condition, in the pictures. Along with the filth, it's extractor and ejector are shot, along with the firing pin, which was broken. It was still firing, with the broken pin!!

Attached Files:

2. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Ha! Looks like my friends Marlin 60, .22 cal. He complained that it just didn't want to function correctly so he was going to get a new .22.
    I took it apart and lordy it was bad. I asked when he cleaned it last...he just looked at me; said when he was a kid he remembers his brother using it but never saw him clean it. My friend is 63 yrs old. I figure while holding on to 40-50 years of dirt and burnt powder the little gun was giving up hope.
    After a thorough cleaning the old model 60 worked like new; good for another 40-50 years?

3. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I got to say, this was one fouled up shotgun! I'm waiting to hear from the owner, and see if he wants it repaired. He also brought me a H&R top break .22, in a bag. I'm waiting on that one, too. Gotta be patient with my hill customers! LMAO!!