Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,399 Posts
Just a thought...wouldn't the obvious weak point be the carburetor? It sits up high in the center and would be easy to penetrate the hood. Kill that and you have an instant stop right? Small target but best chance I would think. Your thoughts?
Mine ain't got one, but you could spray and pray towards where the throttle body, MAF sensor, ignition stuff was and hope ya got lucky. Taking out the ECM or electrics would do it too--but I only know where those are for MY car and I'm not going to put holes in MY car just for fun. Not that I'd likely hit where I'm aiming at when everything--including me-- is moving way fast and bouncing around anyway.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
With a .338 i dont think it would be too hard to stop it. i'd start with the engine block, screw the raditator.

I have considered this actually. my house and street are situated to where i'd have a pretty good line of sight from an angle of the entrance to my street, and im pretty confident that with my mosin nagant and some steel core, I could stop a vehicle before it got in front of my place.

this is of course a regular commercial type vehicle, not any sort of mrap or apc or humvee even.

·
<------------<<<-
3,919 Posts
I’d chuck the Lapua over the edge and pull up with a mosin. Game over, bogie.

In all seriousness, with a serious caliber such as a Lapua, I’d go for the engine block. Lighter calibers would go to the tires and radiator.

Reactions: MosinRuger

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If I had a set up like that, I'd assume I also had access to the equipment that goes with an open field a quarter mile around my stronghold and I would have plowed up the ground in a couple circles around me. Probably 50 yards 100 yards, and 200 yards out. Just to stop wheeled vehicles.

May be even mined a couple choke points at the least with tannerite shaped charges and anti personel tannerite in cans full of gravel.

·
Premium Member
24,340 Posts
I would get them drunk with the help of a combination exotic mixologist and masseuse and card shark, give them a high dollar cigar, let them win a few hands of black jack while a stealthy buxom redhead sugared their gas tank. And just to be sure, I would put 2 rabid porcupines in the Mad Max vehicle...

·
Registered
871 Posts
How many rounds do you have? If I am elevated and have an AR10 or better and only 10 rounds, I am putting all 10 on top of the motor on a frontal assault. There is the injector system, there is a turbo of some type, and wiring harnesses going from one side to the other. It is moving so most rounds will be centered on the top of the hood. Also, know that all of them will keep moving downward unless they impact the block and then they will splatter to the sides.

·
Premium Member
6,269 Posts
An Old Timer I knew was a dedicated poacher. He drove an aged Dodge 4X4. His old Mdl. 70 .300 Mag. rode tight by his side muzzled down. One cold dark night high in the foot hills he emptied his Hip Flask of Kentucky Whisky. It was only a short time before he spied a 3 year old dry cow elk. He grabbed the old Winchester Mdl. 70. It fired accidently thru the floor of his truck. A .30 Caliber slug of 180 grs. took out his transmission. That was way before cell phones. 😥

·
Registered
12,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sounds as though, "put as many grains of lead as you can into the hood of the vehicle," may be the answer.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,399 Posts
I think the masseuse-get-em drunk and handcuff them to the bed (and perhaps steal their wallet) suggested previously is a far better plan.

And has worked for operators of other types of heavy equipment (not speaking from personal experience).

Reactions: ChaZam

·
Registered
19,873 Posts
Hmm, I do know where there is a 75 caliber Indian wall gun. If I had some 12 ga brass casings I could make rounds for it. If it would penetrate three ranks deep into a cavalry charge of armored destriers, it might work pretty well against a Chevy.

·
Premium Member
24,340 Posts
An Old Timer I knew was a dedicated poacher. He drove an aged Dodge 4X4. His old Mdl. 70 .300 Mag. rode tight by his side muzzled down. One cold dark night high in the foot hills he emptied his Hip Flask of Kentucky Whisky. It was only a short time before he spied a 3 year old dry cow elk. He grabbed the old Winchester Mdl. 70. It fired accidently thru the floor of his truck. A .30 Caliber slug of 180 grs. took out his transmission. That was way before cell phones. 😥
Haha Jim that reminds me of a vehicle we had in the service department back in the early 1980's. The then brand new GM transmission was the THM 700R4 and replacement parts were almost nonexistent for any type of repairs including warranty work or any other purpose for awhile following their release. So we had a Chevy Suburban that was brought in there on a rollback wrecker that had been put out of commission by a bullet hole thru the floor board into the transmission. It took awhile to round up all the parts/pieces to fix that little snafu.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts