Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I saw one of their guns tonight on American Shooter, this one in a flintlock version....

HMMMMMMM :D

Was just looking at their page. Man they have M1's, 7.7japs and other fun toys also :D

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, very nice stuff. Now that I joined a Sportsmans Club with nice ranges, I think I'm gonna get back into some blackpowder shooting. Get me a pistol, then a smokepole! :D

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe BRG3 can make me one! ;)

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
BattleRifleG3 said:
A Black Powder AK?

That would be wild. I may have to try it. The thought has crossed my mind ;)
Hmmmm... a AK in .50-110, gonna need one heckuva mag-'specially if you want a hi-cap! BTW, I stopped @ Dixie last year and heartily recommend that anyone who can, stop in for a look. Not only do they have replicas, but I was able to handle several original 18th century guns-WAY COOL! They also have a car museum but I didn't have time to ck it out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Some of Dixies stuff is ok. A lot of it is imported.

Most of the serious shooters I shoot with get their stuff from Track of the Wolf.

It is more likely to fit when you get it. Track also has a gunsmith shop and their employees can help you with your needs for your orders as they all shoot.

Cimmaron F.A. Co. has a full line of revolvers that are used in a lot of the cowboy action shooting and competition shooting. Much better quality than some of the imports, and not that much difference in price. They also have the conversion cylinders so that you can run your .45 cap 'n ball or cartridge.

We are talking traditional muzzleloaders and not cheatlines, right?

BH

·
Registered
19 Posts
For those of you who want the addy for Track of the Wolf here it is:
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/
I buy 95% of my stuff from them and I have never had to send anything back:)
I also bought a catalog from them and most of the stuff in the catalog is printed actual size. I had a problem getting a couple sights and all I did was remove my sights and compare them to what they had on hand-I got the two correct sights the first time I ordered them:)
Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I don't know a lot about black powder guns, but would like to get into it. What all would I need? Is there a good book or website I could get or go to to learn more about BP?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just google the name Sam Fadala and you will find his books. He is the "expert" on everything BP related. You can buy his books through Amazon or Barnes and Nobles:) He has several books out that relate strictly to BP-they are anywhere from 15 to 25 bucks depending on the book. His books are also at the Waldenbooks stores if you have a store near by.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Awesome. Thanks... I am in phoenix so there are plenty of walden and barnes and nobles around. I'll look around for Sam Fadala as well. thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Musicman:
As soon as you get into BP real good (guns,etc.) check into the Rio Salados Gun Club and we will get you hooked up with our club the Muzzle Stuffers:) Unless you are closer to Ben Avery then you can join their club up there:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
For info on traditional muzzleloaders, the best place i have found is TheMuzzleloadingForum.com, but they wont discuss inlines, so it is limited in that respect. This forum is the best i have found for general info and esp. modern weapons. But that other one gets a lot more action as far as frontstuffers go than the muzzleloading section here does. Not trying to step on anyone's toes by any means, so please dont be offended. It's worth a look for anyone who wants to look into smokepoles. And the people are about as friendly and helpful as here, so that's a bonus. Kinda have a suspicion that several members here already know about that one as well.
Paul

·
Registered
381 Posts
hey george,you can mold your own conicales for the ruger old army.lee precision makes a conical mold in .456 just for the ruger.the catalog even lists a hollowpoint.that opens up many possibilites.

·
Registered
732 Posts
"Cimmaron F.A. Co. has a full line of revolvers that are used in a lot of the cowboy action shooting and competition shooting. Much better quality than some of the imports, and not that much difference in price. They also have the conversion cylinders so that you can run your .45 cap 'n ball or cartridge." by Bountyhunter

As far as I know practically all of the revolvers sold by Cimmaron F.A. Co. are made by Uberti, from Italy. They are, I think, known to make just about the best BP replica revolvers out there. I recently bought one of theirs through Buffalo Arms (a 1858 Remington New army) and it is beautiful. I also own a early 2nd Generation Colt 1851 Navy, which if I'm not mistaken, the castings were done by Uberti and then sent to Colt for assembly and finishing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts