Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a project that I'd started a while back, not out of necessity but more just to see if I could do it. This scope is a Gen 2 based on the MX-9644 image tube (Same tube used in the PVS-4 and TVS-5 military NV Scopes as well as the VVS-2 Armored NV periscopes). The source of the tube was an X-ray machine imager and the housing (highly modified) it was in was employed in the build.

I've not had it on a rifle yet (I don't have an easily accessible place to test it out esp. since gunfire at night tends to alarm most folks so I'll have to be patient on that one), but here are a few pics from doing the build and a link to a video I uploaded with a quick review (there's not a lot of info out there for folks doing this so I thought I share).

I haven't figured out how to attach proper crosshairs onto a Intensifier tube yet but I'm working on it or perhaps figuring how to make a DIY clip on / Scope combo, which is why I went with using an IR Laser Sight.

Any thoughts / Comments / Ideas would be appreciated.

https://youtu.be/K-llYyjLzQ8

Photo_0095577.jpg
Photo_0095598.jpg
Photo_0095611.jpg
Photo_0095650.jpg

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
X-ray machine? Did you run a radiation detector over it yet??

At least you can test it without bangbang, intially...just hook up a battery
and see if you can see in the dark with it :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X-ray machine? Did you run a radiation detector over it yet??

At least you can test it without bangbang, intially...just hook up a battery
and see if you can see in the dark with it :)
Definitely works.. there are photo's and video in the YouTube link.. I did a lot of testing and fitting during the build process... LOL haven't ran a Gieger Counter over it but that may explain my sudden increase in hair loss!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts