close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DIY thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by longshooter234, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Jaison

Jaison A tale of a forlorn trash panda Forum Contributor

Yonder
    Gehawing...

Where did you get that term, LS? It's an old Appalachian word, too.:cool:

longshooter234 likes this.
  2. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

For the folks building with pallets.

I built a similar one and they work pretty well. A great source of handy wood for not real critical projects.

Huey Rider, ncnascarlady and Jaison like this.

3. Jaison

Jaison A tale of a forlorn trash panda Forum Contributor

Yonder
    That was cool, SUBMOA. Think I might weld one up. We get some good, stout stuff pallet-wise at work.

SUBMOA likes this.
  4. I've got to show this to the welder up the street and see if he can make one for me. That's a lot easier on the back!

SUBMOA likes this.
  5. SUBMOA

You still need a good sized crow bar for pulling nails . Those that break off flush or below don't worry about. Those that break sticking out break off flush or pound down.

6. True. But that I can do sitting down for the most part ;)

SUBMOA likes this.
  7. SUBMOA

His pallets, the nails were mostly coming with the small cross boards. Mine usually stays put and pulls the head through the cross board . Sometimes busts the board all to pieces but move on. You win some and some you don't.

ncnascarlady likes this.
  8. longshooter234

longshooter234 G&G Evangelist

Alabama
    Its kind of a crappy pic, but we made an accent wall in our living room with stick on vinyl flooring (and added a little flooring glue cuz the self stick wasnt workin after the first day and i had to redo the bottom couple feet haha) but it was avout $80 for a 18' wide wall and makes a big difference 20170624_102513.jpg

9. longshooter234

Alabama
    I am pretty much out of diy stuff now except for like cooking stuff but i feel like that doesnt really count and or belongs in another thread. I am gonna build a head board in the next weekend or so, and take a crack at a floating shelf. Never done one before but thats what youtube is for right?

ncnascarlady likes this.
  10. 8 bolts left and the steering and front axle can be removed.
    And put in storage
    The shocks are in fantastic shape BTW 20170802_140537.jpg

longshooter234 and ncnascarlady like this.
  11. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    We might need to rename this post, the longshooter forum

12. longshooter234

Alabama
    Haha dont OP's usually contribute at least a plurality of post in a given thread?

ncnascarlady and animalspooker like this.
  13. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

Billy.
    did you take the ambulance apart?

14. CopperniX

CopperniX Forum Fanatic Staff Member

So I will be adding a project to this as I noticed in my adhoc gaming room instead of just 1 corner desk I have 2 desks and a dresser and entertainment center so I will be absolving that issue in the next few days. It will have to hold up a couple T.Vs as well as computer, Xbox One, 2x Xbox 360s, PS4, PS3 and probably a few odds and ends.

15. longshooter234

Alabama
    Swapped orings and solved my vacuum leak around the new injectors and got to take it for a little spin tonight. Just got my idle tuned and light cruise up to about 65mph (i tuned while the wife drove... Umm some closed course in mexico somewhere...) using mapecu3 piggyback to tune
    20170810_195116.jpg 20170810_195708.jpg

Jaison likes this.
  16. Going to start on privacy fence this weekend, gonna plant some 4x4's !..............

ncnascarlady and longshooter234 like this.
  17. Finishing up a British uniform coat today. I'll post some pictures when it's done. Right now it's in 3 pieces...the body and 2 sleeves so it's not worth looking at.

Once that's done it's time to fire up the serger and work on haversacks and backpack blanks. After I've finished off all the edges it'll be time to put them together. I've got 12 haversacks cut and 12 backpack blanks.

If you're wondering about "backpack blanks", they're the base canvas part of a military backpack. Each unit and regiment has their own specs for the color of the leather shoulder straps, etc. By doing the basic blank the rest is built off of, I can sell more than if I did unit specific and took my chances.

18. longshooter234

Alabama
  19. longshooter234

Alabama
    Had some scrap kydex and decided to try and make a "claw" and see how it goes. (if u are thinking that my holster has less definition now you are correct; i wasnt happy with the bump for thw clip screws so i reheated the whole thing, and now basically the bump is great and im unhappy wuth the rest haha. This is the best that came of the whole situation after like an hour or so)
    20170814_195336.jpg 20170814_195346.jpg
    Ive never used a claw before so im bot sure what to expect

20. longshooter234

Alabama
    Ive got some kind of issue, possibly with the wastegate; cant build boost but to have the tune well enough to drive around pretty ok