Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To me its alot of crock of *****, When a deer hits your car who takes theblame who pays for it? not the DNR if you swerved to HIT that deer and got gotit whos to get the fines then? Its acrock that the DNR owns the deer up to the point to distruct your property andthen there not there problem anymore BULL ***** to me..
anyone else feelthe same?

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
When an animal is struck on the highway here, it belongs to the State of Alaska. You can sign up on a list and the troopers will call you in the middle of the night to go harvest it, salvage what you can. That is even on highways crossing DNR/BLM/NPS lands up here.
mmmmm....Roadkill !
Rich

·
Registered
297 Posts
Its basically the same here, but more than once I've hit a deer (by accident) discovered that I'd done too much damage to it for it to survive, put it out of its misery, loaded it, and drove home. The police and DNR were none the wiser. Usually at LEAST half the meat is in edible condition. And, when I was 17, A deer stepped out, I swerved as the deer took a step forward. I hit him, but it didn't do anything but mangle his head. (Didn't do my truck any good either).

Around here, deer/car accidents are commonplace. If it is the beginning of autumn through the end of winter, you can always count on finding work in a body shop.

Lesson learned; don't be the reason I have damage on my truck. I'll eat the part of you my truck didn't damage.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
so crish what exactly is your point? are you trying to say no one should regulate what happens to the deer. maybe we should just leave 'em to the poachers. or better yet, you can put your brand on all the wild animals on your property, and carry insurance on them, so that when they run out and damage someones car, your insurance will cover it.
its a wild animal, and the DNR's regulations are there to prevent poaching. not save your fender. i guess i have a different perspective, as a hunter i prefer that the poachers not be brave enough to take out too many of the nicer deer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts