close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do all of the commercial M1 carbines suck?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by powerkicker, Apr 23, 2002.

1. What say you?Are any of the commercial worth having?Thanks.:confused:

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I think most of the com. carbines are good,I had a Plainfield years ago and was one of my favorites. I don't remember it jamming except with 30 rd. mags,but that was most likey the mags. It was very accurate. I do think I'd stay away from Universal,just because they are a bit different,although I have fired a few and they worked fine.

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I've got a National Ordnance carbine, and it works just fine. I carry it in my trunk on long trips to Kentucky, and have yet to have a single problem with it. I have known people to have the early Universals, and they worked just fine. However, the late Universals are extremely hard to get parts for, and are notorious for jamming and for splitting the trigger housing at the mag well.

4. CARman

CARman G&G Newbie

Had a Universal that was a jamomatic.Don't know about other brands. I've since stuck with USGI since.

5. 37Chief

37Chief G&G Newbie

I got the bug after I got my 2nd garand and had to have a carbine so I bought an IAI, it has a new reciver and barrel with NOS GI parts most of witch are Rock-Ola on mine, it's a great shooter